Mission Planning, Coordination, Communication and GPS Navigation for those who Work and Play "Off the Grid”
Built by operators for the operators with decades of experience leading technology innovations in the field.
Focused heavily around mobility into dismounted foot patrol operations, LEADNAV currently provides full mission packages in the form of Software, Hardware, Training and Consulting for those operating in some of the harshest conditions and environments imaginable...
Used by many, to include off-roaders, security and response teams and other Professional Organizations World Wide!
More Powerful than any other GPS on the Market!
• Plan, Organize, Coordinate and Execute Trips, Events and other Professional Operations.
• Create or Import Collections of Routes, Tracks, and Markers for different events. (Baja 1000 2019, Mining Expedition 2020)
• Share individual Routes, Tracks, and Markers amongst your Team or Group.
• Easy to use point to point Route Planning Interface. Plan your route and go!
• Drop audible warnings and non-audible Serpentine points to keep you on track.
• Record tracks to display where you have been. So you can hit the trail again or find your way back. You can also convert your tracks to routes. Track Stats for each trip.
• Highly advanced Team Location Tracking through our cellular/wifi, preprogrammed Iridium GO! units (Satellite device and our service plans) and other specialized equipment under contract.
• Reverse your routes. Hike to the top and then reverse the route to hike back down!
• Drop Markers to identify places of interest or to document the experience as you go. Vehicle, rally point, boat dock, deer, or anything else you want to find again.
• System functions on the GPX file standard
• Free online Map Sources include Bing, OpenStreetMap, USGS Satellite and USGS Topo
• Support of offline mapping options like MBTiles and overlays with our Pro Pack subscription and contracted services.
• Subscriptions allow access to additional maps (Mapbox Satellite, Mapbox Terrain, Mapbox Streets), and access to your own URL entry (Part of the Pro Subscription). Create, cache, and delete maps with your custom URLs.
• Offline Mapping for areas with no cellular coverage. (yearly subscriptions) Select and store desired areas of the map for offline use. Download those maps before you go in the field!
• Compatible with Bluetooth headsets and speakers for eyes free navigation. Throw your device in your pack and GO!
• Voice Prompts automatically adjust for the current speed. Siri now reads the waypoint label names as you navigate. “Big freaking rock on the left!” Get creative with the names to make the most out of your experience.
• Automatically adjusts your audible (Red) Turn Warning and (Blue) Waypoint Proximity rings based off of your current speed. Giving you the information you need when you need it.
Audio Guidance Examples:
“Slight Left in 450 meters” ...... “Slight Left”
“Danger in 500 meters” ....... "Danger"
Additional In-App Purchases: (See website for all subscription details)
- Advanced Pack Subscription (recommended for those on foot covering smaller areas)
- Pro Pack Subscription (recommended for those in vehicles covering larger areas or needing our more pro level features listed on our website)
- Recon Markers
- Hunting Markers
- Aviation Markers
• This is a high powered GPS device and requires power connectivity for prolonged use in the field.
• Mobile devices that are WiFi only do not come with an internal GPS. An external GPS will need to be used along with the application.
• The capability to save satellite maps/imagery to your device for "off the grid" use is an outside service and requires a yearly Subscription
Battery Life Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This is a quick-turn bug fix release.
Due to a change in recent versions of iOS, some users were unable to purchase, extend, or renew their subscriptions via In-App Purchase. Other methods were not affected. This release fixes the issue.
- In App Purchases fixed within iOS updates
Thank you and remember to give us a review and follow our new You Tube channel, Newsletter and become part of our community forum.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Throw that old Lowrance away
This app has completely changed how I plan my off road adventures. I used it for a 2500 mile Baja adventure, and was able to create daily routes from stop to stop. I do a lot of off roading in the Western US and pre plan my routes with this app. There is a learning curve, but they have great videos on their website to help. I gladly upgraded to the pro version and the $120 per year is a spit in the bucket for the function/features you receive. I raced in several Baja 1K’s and NORRA M1k. I fought with lowrance god units every time. Using an IPad is so much better, and there are SO many more features with LeadNav.
Use this on my motorcycle for desert rides and races. Having the ability to navigate and plan routes is not unique to this app. But the simplicity of planning routes is, and the voice navigation into my helmet is a game changer! There are some quirks and bugs here and there, but overall and amazing tool, and well worth the cost for the benefit it provides.
Poor execution of a good idea
Trying to map out the desert for offline use is a grueling process. Takes a $20 per year in-app purchase if you want satellite imagery. Zooming in beyond your pre-loaded resolution will result in the map rendering itself blank. Marked trails are not able to be overlaid onto the satellite map. Even pre-loading non-satellite maps to show marked routes requires the same process as the satellite maps and has the same issue of zoom/resolution blank rendering. Would require hours of work to preload a large area. I'm sure it's a great app for racers with detailed, planned routes who pay the $150 per year. It's not a good app for weekend warriors / exploring unless you are willing to pay extra and spend hours pre-loading your planned area in small increments.
Developer Response ,
Agreed! If you are not a pro user or an everyday Offroader who is not willing to pay $150 a year or more on a full gps package DO NOT BUY!!
We do not own satellite map imagery. The companies that fly satellites do. If you are not saving “small” areas for offline use for hiking then you will need PRO pack to cover “their” costs to do so for large areas. With PRO and an easy click of a button, you can save along any route or huge 1 gig tile areas! Also there are an unlimited set of outside tools to do mass map imagery prep publicly available which we cover in our courses.
If you are not willing to train or study on how to use this level of capability then go elsewhere! There are plenty of simpler less capable gps apps for less then $20 that solely record and care about “where you been”....we concentrate on “where you’re going” and provide an unmatched set of tools to do so.
We’re not building “cheap”....we’re building professional grade capabilities...and doing the best we can to make them available to the general public.
Thankfully the majority of our users, general outdoorsmen, off-roaders, first responders and our military brothers, see the benefit of PRO and our capabilities!
- LeadNav Systems LLC
- 167.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012 LeadNav Systems LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack Subscription (1 Year) $249.99
- Hunting Markers $4.99
- Aviation Markers $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.