Import and view GPS eXchange format (GPX) files. GPX-Viewer views GPX files exported from many GPS devices and other apps that create GPX files.
Import GPX files using iTunes file sharing, eMail, an URL, or from iCloud.
- Choose Apple Maps, Google Maps, OpenStreetMaps, or a custom map tile source URL.
- Chart elevation vs. track points or distance. Share the chart.
- Send the waypoints to Apple Maps or Google Maps.
- Email the file.
- Optionally disable screen auto-lock to keep the device from sleeping.
- Create folders to better organize your GPX files.
- Set different location tracking modes.
- Import GPX files to the current GPX file.
- Customize the color for waypoints, track points, routes and tracks.
- Hide or show the waypoints, track points, routes or tracks on the map.
- View track points on map.
A sample GPX file is included.
We also have a GPX Viewer and GPX Editor for the Macintosh computer. Visit our web site for more info.
Adjustments to the maps.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
View Multiple Tracks
GPX Viewer is a good, basic app for viewing your location on a map while following a GPX track downloaded from another source.
The addition of simultaneous multiple track viewing is a useful addition. For example, if you have a number of tracks from the same trail network you can combine all of these tracks in GPX viewer to see where the trails intersect.
And, because you can chose from several types of standard, hybrid and satellite map overlays, you can see how your tracks fit into the larger landscape.
Good interface overall
I needed something easy to view GPX files for a motorcycle route. My one complaint is that the track color is 100% opaque, so that you can’t read the name of the road you’re supposed to be following. If the track/route highlight could be either transparent or rendered behind the road labels, I’d give it 5 stars. — And now it has this feature. Well done, thank you!
Developer Response ,
This will be addressed in version 3.3.9.
Easy to use
Intuitive and to the point. Thanks for creating this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.