Import and view GPS eXchange format (GPX) files. GPX-Viewer views GPX files exported from many GPS devices and other apps that create GPX files.
Import GPX files using iTunes file sharing, eMail, an URL, the pasteboard or from the Cloud (includes iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, your local device, etc).
- Choose Apple Maps, Google Maps, OpenStreetMaps, or a custom map tile source URL.
- Create and share the followingcharts:
— Elevation vs track points.
— Elevation vs distance.
— Elevation vs time.
— Speed vs track points.
— Speed vs distance.
— Speed vs time.
- Send the waypoints to various map apps such as Apple and Google Maps.
- Email the file.
- Optionally disable screen auto-lock to keep the device from sleeping.
- Create folders to better organize your GPX files.
- Preview the tracks for all files within a folder.
- Import GPX files to the current GPX file.
- Customize the color for waypoints, track points, routes and tracks.
- Hide or show the waypoints, track points, routes or tracks on the map.
- View track points on map.
A sample GPX file is included.
We also have a GPX Viewer and GPX Editor for the Macintosh computer. Visit our web site for more info.
- New setting: Optimize tracks. When enabled, the minimum distance between track points is 1 meter. Track points less than 1 meter from the next track point are not used. This can be useful for larger files or files with a lot of track points. The original file is not altered.
- Warning now appears if the number of track points in a file is excessive and “show track points” is enabled in the settings. The warning can be disabled in the settings.
- Other bug fixes and app enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
View Multiple Tracks
GPX Viewer is a good, basic app for viewing your location on a map while following a GPX track downloaded from another source.
The addition of simultaneous multiple track viewing is a useful addition. For example, if you have a number of tracks from the same trail network you can combine all of these tracks in GPX viewer to see where the trails intersect.
And, because you can chose from several types of standard, hybrid and satellite map overlays, you can see how your tracks fit into the larger landscape.
Good interface overall
I needed something easy to view GPX files for a motorcycle route. My one complaint is that the track color is 100% opaque, so that you can’t read the name of the road you’re supposed to be following. If the track/route highlight could be either transparent or rendered behind the road labels, I’d give it 5 stars. — And now it has this feature. Well done, thank you!
Developer Response ,
This will be addressed in version 3.3.9.
Please add the ability to change unit
The App is OK to use, very cheap compare to all other apps that offer the similar feature. However I cannot change the unit from Imperial to Metric. Please add a button so I can switch to Metric system. Thanks
Edit: after I change my phone location to a metric country, the unit in the app did switch to metric. However I want to keep my current country and be able to change unit with a button or switch inside the app.
Thank you for replying.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. This is now available via the Settings.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.