Create GPS traces with waypoints. Offline map support, no time restrictions, no ads, no in-app-purchases.
Open GPX Tracker is ideal for:
* Traveling and vacation (offline map app)
* Collecting and sharing track and waypoints data
* Creating routes and waypoints for editing Open Street Map
* Publishing Open Street Map Traces
* Creating real GPX files for testing your iOS apps in Xcode
* Apple Watch App support
* Offline maps of browsed areas
* Load saved sessions and continue tracking
* Auto recovery last session after crash or closing the app
* Display tracking information in a map
* Display speed, distance, coordinates and time
* Use multiple map sources (Apple Maps, Open Street Maps, CartoDB)
* Pause / Resume tracking
* Add waypoint to user location
* Add waypoint to any place in the map with a long press
* Edit waypoint name
* Drag & Drop waypoint pin
* Remove waypoints
* Share and send GPX files
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Fixes crash when renaming waypoints
Open GPX Tracker is an Open Source and free to use app. If you like it, please make a review and share how it was useful for you.
Do you want to see Open GPX Tracker in your language? You can translate it
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Please fix watch complication
Everything works great, only suggestion is fix the complication on the watch. It shows up sometimes, but not always. Looks like the issue maybe that the wording is too long to fit into the complication. Try replacing it with a GPX logo instead.
Perfect for geotagging my photos
I have become OCD about geotagging my photos in the past decade. I started with a GPS tracker (clunky). I moved on to using my iPhone when I wasn’t somewhere outside civilization (which is all the time now). I’ve paid for apps but they sometimes were abandoned or began pestering me with ads. I fell for the “Free to download!” qualifier not realizing they were limited. I recently tried this app out. It worked. I don’t need a lot of extra features. I just need an app that can track accurately. It should just start up and begin tracking with a tap. Naming a trip is nice but not necessary. It should export a GPX file. On those expectations this app is perfect. No bloating. The worst I can say is it drains the battery (but all tracking apps do that). This is my go-to app now.
Does what it says on the box
I installed this app on my iPhone 6s Plus running 11.4 and it works fine. Emailed the track to myself and that worked fine, too. The map has a watermark all over saying that an API key is required; if there were an obvious way to get and enter that then I’d give five stars. I wanted a way to generate real tracks for testing location aware applications and this app delivered.
- Juan Manuel Merlos
- 32.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 and watchOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © (c) Juan M. Merlos & Collaborators 2015-2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.