Start speaking a new language instantly. With uTalk Classic, learn the essential words and phrases you need to get talking, build confidence and make friends wherever you go.
Over 30 million people worldwide have used uTalk's award-winning method - developed over 25 years - to learn a new language. It's simple, fun, with immediate results… and now it has a shiny new look and improved games to make your learning even more rewarding.
uTalk Classic is:
• Motivating - enjoying something is the best way to stick at it. uTalk Classic's games are designed to be fun and addictive, so you actually want to keep learning.
• Authentic - we source native speakers and translators to bring you all the content in uTalk Classic, ensuring you're learning to speak just like a local.
• Smart - intelligent software knows what you're good at (and where you need more help), uniquely tailoring the games to your individual level.
• Perfect for pronunciation - record yourself as you practise speaking the language for yourself. You can do this as many times as you like to perfect your accent.
• Visual - our beautiful pictures link words with images to accelerate how your brain learns, using visual recall to help you remember your new language.
• Practical - uTalk Classic teaches you words and phrases you'll actually need with nine beginner topics: first words, food and drink, colours, numbers, parts of the body, telling the time, shopping, phrases and countries.
• Portable - use uTalk Classic offline anywhere in the world, with no risk of racking up any nasty roaming charges when you're abroad.
We've updated the app to make to make it work better for you - get the latest version for all available features.
• Bug Fixes
If you have any questions or feedback, we'd love to hear from you at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Such a GREAT help!
PRO: You WILL be able to spell, read and understand the words and phrases included in this app.
PRO: There are two in game voices so you can hear the phrase/word said by male/female which REALLY helped by just having 2 different types of voices so you can hear the word pronounced differently
PRO: The game interface really helps with the learning process
CON: A couple of the phrases are sayings rather than literal translations.
CON: $9.99 but well worth the money in my opinion
CON: Instead of having "Countries" as a category, have more phrases or something...Countries is kind of unnecessary.
RECOMMENDATION: Update with more phrases and vocabulary. This app is great! If they released a "Level 2" or whatever, I would pay another $9.99 to have another app just like this but with more vocab and phrases
This app is amazing! My boyfriend really wants me to learn Vietnamese because he wants his family to like me.
After using this app for about a month, he and I are speaking with each other in Vietnamese. Just little things like "Where are the car keys?" and "What time is it?" stuff like that. He is always really impressed and amazed at how quickly I am learning the vocabulary, thanks to this app. He is really jealous even because I can read, spell and understand Vietnamese and he can just speak it. Of course, he speaks it better than I can and I'm not sure if it's me or the app but I still have a problem with SPEAKING in Vietnamese but I can IM him [with the Vietnamese Language Pack activated], spell, read, and understand and I am very thankful to this app for getting me started with Vietnamese.
He was a little upset that I spent $9.99 on the app but in my opinion it was well worth it. Before purchasing the app, I watched the video they had on their website and I was really impressed. If I ever decide to learn another language, I would probably buy that language app from this same company [if it's available].
Of course, it helped that I have him to correct me because I guess certain phrases in this app are more...sayings? like "Cheers!" was translated as something about a bowl? and "I feel sick" was translated to English as "I feel skinny" and with the Food section, it tells you how to say the plural of the fruit so most of them have this prefix that denotes there are more than one of that fruit.
This wasn't the only app that I was using either...and he did teach me some phrases BUT with the help of this app, I would just replace words from the phrases he taught me with the words I learned from this app and TA DAA!! I know another sentence.
SERIOUSLY!! THIS IS AN AWESOME APP!! THANK YOU uTALK!!!
it is reasonably well made but does not have enough material
Works fine. It's a reasonable app but far too expensive for the quite small amount of material.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- EuroTalk Ltd
- 175.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 EuroTalk Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.