Now with Complete Old and New Testaments
The Legacy Standard Bible is available as a smartphone app for free!
The Legacy Standard Bible (LSB) is a translation that—at its core—seeks to be a window into the original Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. By translating individual words as consistently as possible within their various nuances, it allows the reader to discern what God originally wrote and know the author's intent. In this way, the LSB seeks to be an improvement upon the NASB, while simultaneously preserving its faithful legacy.
The LSB smartphone app features:
● The complete Old and New Testaments
● Brown-Driver-Briggs (abridged version) for Hebrew word definition
● Abbott-Smith for Greek word definition
● Search capability by lexical word
Be sure to register your account! The LSB app will be releasing more content for free, that can be accessed through registering your account with Accordance. We are also working on creating resource packages that will provide even more ability for in-depth study!
* Issue that caused Accessibility crashes and recently prevented Accordance from supporting iOS15 Full Keyboard Access.
* iOS 15 pointer animation issue when hovering over verse references or hyperlinks.
* Restored EasyInstall access for iOS 9/10 users.
* A few Tool search field issues when switching Tool modules with an active search.
* Better Easy Install, Check for Updates, and WiFi Sync handling of modules that are too new to be supported on the current version of Accordance.
* Accordance Account Text Fields were hard to read when installing Accordance in Dark Mode.
* Added "Grid" and "List" to Settings search results.
* Crash that could occur when setting the Text display > default Search range to “All Text”.
* Patched a potential crash when copying text.
* Patched several crashes that would occur during iCloud Save My Place events.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Translation and Application
The overall performance is great. There are a couple of glitches in the settings (e.g. selection arrows that go nowhere when you choose them, etc.)…very minor stuff that does not impact reader functionality. The user interface is very intuitive. Ability to customize almost everything is a plus, but maybe too much for some; however, the functionality and default settings have been well thought out. While reading, it remembers other locations you navigate to so you can quickly move between them, as well as between adjacent chapters. Once you close it, it remembers the last location but not the rest of the history. Navigating is simple and quick enough that this is NOT inconvenient. It remembers the width of the reader and note panes you set in both the portrait and landscape modes (very convenient). The amplify and context functionality for the notes is a nice touch, as is ability to change text style and size of them. The verse numbering is great because it draws your eyes to the verse number for quick recognition (I cannot emphasize enough how great this is). They standout boldly against the text and all the other reference numbers and letters used for the notes; something the GTY Study Bible app does not execute well. A simple, classy, and well implemented presentation overall.
I have been thoroughly and consistently impressed by the LSB translation. Even though my first bible was a KJV bible, I was introduced to the NASB while attending bible classes many years ago being presented by a wonderful Lutheran pastor. I was seeking a translation other than the KJV (that I sometimes struggled with) that was literal, accurate, and consistent. The pastor encouraged me to consider the NASB. It was the one he used as a teaching pastor. Although down through the years I’ve read many translations, I always return to the NASB for serious and deep study of God’s Word. Instead creating a new translation, LSB takes an already great NASB translation as it base, enhances it, making it highly readable, while at the same time achieving an unparalleled accuracy and precision. That is a tough challenge for any bible translation team, and the LSB achieves it beautifully. The LSB has become my go-to study bible resource. My hope is that LSB smartphone app developers will continue to improve the smartphone app.
There’s always a challenge between taking the time to develop a good app and in getting it out to late or to soon. In this case, I’m happy to have access to the app but I think it was released to soon. The app registration doesn’t work. The copy and paste copies the verse footnote letters but not the verse reference. It has crashed on me several times since I downloaded it. The setting don’t actually seem to change anything even after changing the views. I’m sure y’all will keep working hard to make the app better. Thanks for your work thus far. As I see changes, of course I’ll change the star rating.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OakTree Software, Inc.
- 130.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 OakTree Software, Inc.