Accordance® is a fast and powerful Bible study app that lets you read, search, and explore the Bible.
• Read the Bible and follow along with a commentary or your own study notes
• Compare two Bible translations side by side that will scroll in sync with one another
• Follow a Bible reading plan
• Take notes, create highlights, and add bookmarks that will sync with the desktop version of Accordance
• Search the Bible for words or verses
• Search the Bible using powerful tags and commands
• Search Greek and Hebrew Bibles (samples included) by lemma, inflected form, or root
• Press and hold when reading to bring up the magnifying glass, then select a word to view Instant Details (definition and/or parsing if available)
• Look up unfamiliar words in Bible dictionaries and lexicons
• Tap on hyperlinked verse references to view the full passage in the Instant Details popover
The following free resources are included in your initial download of Accordance:
• ESV Bible with Strong’s numbers (ESVi)
• World English Bible (WEB)
• Samples of the Greek New Testament and Hebrew Bible
• Easton’s Bible Dictionary
• Outlines of each book of the Bible
• Margin notes and cross-references
• Bible Lands PhotoGuide Sampler
• Kohlenberger/Mounce Concise Hebrew–Aramaic Dictionary
• Mounce Concise Greek-English Dictionary
If you register an Accordance account, you will also be able to download a free iOS Starter collection including:
• The 1901 American Standard Version (ASV)
• French: Louis Segond Bible
• German Elberfelder 1905
• German Lutherbibel 1912
• Greek and Hebrew Strong's Dictionaries
• Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names
• Nave's Topical Bible
• Portuguese Bible: João Ferreira De Almeida Atualizada (ALMEIDA)
• Spanish 1909 Reina Valera with Strong's numbers
• Dr. J's Bible Study Methods
• Maps Sampler
• Timeline Sampler
• Chronological Readings
• Devotional Readings
• Classic Passages
• Parables & Miracles
If you would like to add more resources to your library, Accordance has an extensive collection of Bibles and study tools available for purchase. These materials range from Christian classics to Jewish publications to high-end reference works to the Dead Sea Scrolls in Hebrew. Whatever your Bible study needs may be, Accordance has you covered.
Questions or comments? Come join the discussion in our support forums at https://accordance.bible/forums/
* Added Copy As > Location URL to the Text Selection Action Menu.
* Added a Copy As > Search URL button to the Search View (next to the History Button)
* Added Copy function to Instant Details views.
* Improved the logic for when Instant Details should transliterate a selected word/char.
* Added ability to set unicode font choices for original languages in Settings.
* Updated the EULA and the in-app EULA presentation now works for both new or existing users.
* When Instant Details view content is incorrectly scrolled.
* Where Search views would sometimes offset their content when scrolling.
* Tool view rendering issue that would cause the last line to be covered by the botton toolbar.
* Case where pictures would not render correctly.
* Errant selection rectangle after tapping an image in a secondary pane.
* Non functioning hyperlinks in User Notes.
* When User Note and User Tools library items were inappropriately showing an information accessory when there was actually no information to display.
* Parsing of incoming accordance.bible URLs that specified a Tool search field.
* Case when the Search views would not properly reload/update the active highlight file after a sync process.
* Potential crash when Accordance responds to low memory conditions in certain cases.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for original languages
* Great resources that are tagged with the original print pages. This is extremely useful when citing information in papers.
* Accordance has great tools for languages. I've found the new interlinear support a fantastic resource.
* Always with me resources. Geared at simple to advanced Bible research.
* Resources often include the physical page number within the digital resource. This is EXTREMELY helpful when citing sources.
* The application itself may not be as polished as I would like, but their resource linking and their specific digitizing of resources IS what makes Accordance stand out above the other big bible software (Logos and Web based bible research).
* (update written 2019) I’ve used both Logos and Accordance now for different resource materials. I’ve found in general the following to be true: Logos is built to be a resource library. The library and access to all of the library at any point is the goal in Logos. They also have a larger digital library. Accordance is built to be a study tool centered around the Bible. The Bible is center and the resources aid Bible interpretation, especially with the language tools. While I wish both applications could be “combined” (a wish only at this point) I personally still point people to Accordance first, and Logos second.
Keep making the iOS app great!
This app is great in many ways. I especially love how it gives one access to almost all the texts and tools that are available on the Mac app. Unfortunately it falls down in some important areas and, in some cases, gets in the way of you accomplishing what you want to accomplish. One example is highlighting. Want to highlight a line in a commentary? I wish you success. Most times it works okay but it’s still not as nearly as or intuitive or as easy as it is in iBooks. But at other times it is downright impossible. Using either your finger or the Apple Pencil you go to highlight a sentence and suddenly the next two or three paragraphs are highlighted, sometimes even discontinuously! What seems to be happening is that the bottom of your hand or wrist is being picked up as your finger, even though it’s nowhere near the screen. (I’ve tried to avoid this by trying to holding the Apple Pencil straight up and down but that doesn’t prevent it.) So I can just forget about highlighting the correct sentence, or spend the next 5 or 10 minutes trying to get just the sentence highlighted by trying over and over again, each time erasing the paragraph highlighting I don’t want, but it keeps happening over and over again. It’s an exercise in frustration. Unfortunately highlighting is one of the main things I want to do with the Accordance app for iOS. If the Accordance people could fix this I would rate their app 4 stars.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear of the frustration you have experienced with highlighting. Please make sure you have updated the app to v.2.6. for the best results. However
we have experienced what you are talking about would encourage you to post a feature request on the forum: https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/forum/47-accordance-for-ios/ Y
This will allow others to add their comments to yours, and this is also where a developer will directly reply to your concern.
Not a Fan of App
First -- I'm not particularly happy that I'm basically forced into writing a review. The "Give Us a 5-Star Review" notification pops up every time I open the app. The only options are to either write a review or press the "maybe later" button. Turns out, the "maybe later" is every time I open the app. Not cool.
Second -- I would give this app 5 stars if it weren't for the fact that it locks up on the loading screen far too frequently (actually, even once would be too many times). I'm forced to delete the app, re-download it, and then pick through the many books, commentaries, etc. to download as well. I have found that the fewer items I select, the better chance I have of not needing to repeat the whole process. This is very frustrating, since I have purchased many, many resources over the years. Even when I download only a few items, the app may work well for a couple of weeks but then lock up again (without adding other items). Again, this is extremely frustrating -- especially in light of how much money I've paid over the years.
Developer Response ,
Theophilus7777, thank you for taking the time to write a review. First, I would like to encourage you to update to 2.6.2. The 'forced review' was actually a bug that was missed in testing, that we fixed as soon as possible. Second, we've fixed a few bugs related to lockup in the loading screen, so these may be fixed with the update. If they aren't, but you experience a lockup, go to your Device Settings app -> Accordance -> Remove Saved Session, to clear it up. This saves you from having to reinstall the app! I hope these suggestions work well for you, and that you reconsider your rating if they do! Thank you for using Accordance.
- OakTree Software, Inc.
- 251.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 OakTree Software, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- NKJV tagged with Strong's numbers $19.99
- ESV Study Bible - add-on to ESV $39.99
- New Living Translation-Second Edition $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.