Combine this app with the LEGO® BOOST Creative Toolbox (17101) set to bring your creations to life!
Enjoy more than 60 fun activities with simple drag-n'-drop coding, watch videos and access digital LEGO Building Instructions. Have fun with LEGO models that can move, talk and respond to real-world events.
Take your experience to another level with advanced coding. Build and BOOST your own robot toy creations and control them from your mobile device. All it takes is three simple steps: BUILD, CODE and PLAY!
Is your device compatible?
Please go to LEGO.com/devicecheck to check if your device is compatible. Ask your parents’ permission before going online.
LEGO® BOOST App Feature List
- Access digital LEGO® Building Instructions for all 5 LEGO BOOST models included with the 17101 LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox.
- BUILD, CODE and PLAY with CODABLE LEGO® models.
- Bring your LEGO® BOOST creations to life with the simple drag-n'-drop PROGRAMMING interface.
- Enjoy more than 60 fun ACTIVITIES.
- Imagine, build and code your own creations. Kick-start your creativity—3 inspirational models included with the app.
- Combine 17101 LEGO BOOST with the LEGO® City 60194 Arctic Scout Truck to control and drive the vehicle! Use the app to operate the forklift, examine samples with the color sensor, help the whale back into the water and much more.
- Combine 17101 LEGO BOOST with LEGO® NINJAGO® 70652 Stormbringer and set the Lightning Dragon free! Use the app to control the fearsome beast, fire the shooters, create a color-sensing ejector seat and much more!
- Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck to check if your device is compatible. Ask your parents’ permission before going online.
LEGO BOOST set (17101) Feature List
- Includes 844 LEGO® pieces, plus a LEGO Move Hub, Interactive Motor and a Color & Distance Sensor.
- Move Hub features Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity, 2 encoded motors, activation button, internal tilt sensor and a light.
- Interactive Motor is an encoded motor.
- Color & Distance Sensor detects distance, motion and color, and can also function as a light.
- Create and code Vernie the Robot, Frankie the Cat, the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4), the Guitar 4000 and the AutoBuilder.
- Rotate Vernie’s head to activate its shoulder-mounted spring-loaded shooter.
- Build the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) and try out the different tool and customization attachments for an array of exciting activities.
- Learn songs and rock out with the Guitar4000!
- Look after your own pet with Frankie the Cat. Be sure to feed it the right food—or it might get upset!
- Construct, code and operate the AutoBuilder to produce real miniature LEGO® models.
- Build and code robots and models, and complete exciting activities with the playmat and intuitive LEGO® BOOST app.
The LEGO® BOOST Creative Toolbox set (17101) is sold separately.
For app support contact LEGO Consumer Service.
For contact details refer to http://service.lego.com/contactus
Read more on http://aboutus.lego.com/legal-notice/Privacy-Policy and http://aboutus.lego.com/legal-notice/terms-of-use-for-apps
There’s no third-party advertising. LEGO marketing content and information is served, for instance LEGO news about LEGO sets and other LEGO games, in hope of inspiring children’s creative play.
LEGO and the LEGO logo are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2017 The LEGO Group.
Vernie has a secret to share and can’t wait any longer – coding just got more fun, and all friends are welcome. With this update, you can now use your LEGO® Account in the app to share your code creations with friends and let everyone play with your cool programs.
You will also be able to save your progress in the app, and freely switch devices (just in case you want to resume your play at grandma’s house). In addition, you’ll also get cool badges based on the robots you’ve built in the app – what’s not to like?
Ratings and Reviews
Our six year old enjoying
Our six year old is really enjoying the Lego Boost set and building like never before. We don’t own a tablet so he is doing Everything on an iPhone just fine and we are all the way through the cowboy stage. The way it builds in stages and expands functionality really works. Have not gotten through all the builds or programming yet but it asked for a rating. I would say I am really impressed so far. One disappointment is that I don’t see a simple intuitive help for individual programming blocks. I figure if you select a block maybe it should offer help to describe the blocks functionality.
Developer Response ,
The original goal was to not share the definitions of the coding blocks because we have seen that children's inquisitive nature helps them learn successfully through trial and error.
While that was our original thought we do recognize that some builders will also benefit from having so help understanding the coding blocks. Loose descriptions of the coding blocks have been added to our website to assist those kids.
You can find them at https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/help/products/electronics-robotics/boost/guide-to-lego-boost-programming-blocks-408100000009897
Confusing and constrained app: where is sick Frankie?
This is almost a great product but the confusing constrained app and website hold it back. You can’t view instructions without unlocking levels like some kind of game; you have to find sketchy third party PDFs online because LEGO wants you go to through a clunky undocumented “experience”. You can’t experiment with blocks without connecting to Bluetooth every time. The app doesn’t seem like it trusts its customers!!
There is new content apparently in a video that features “sick” Frankie the cat in the app and website but there is no pointer to where the instructions for this are. The website is built on the premise that the App is great and will help with everything. the app is built on the premise people want a wordless interactive gasified “experience” and they can only play with boost in exactly the way envisioned by the app developers.
it’s frustrating and confusing.
with all that said the hardware is great and the block based programming is cool. Sigh.
Developer Response ,
Hello! We're sorry to hear that you've had some frustration with LEGO® BOOST. The instructions are in-app to create one cohesive play experience. We do have a printable version available to download at LEGO.com/Service under Help Topics. Many thanks for the feedback. I will forward your thoughts on to the developer team. Kind regards, Lisa
It used to work great...
The Lego Boost app used to work great on my 4th gen iPad (MD514LL/A) running iOS 10.3.3, which is a supported device according to the Lego website. However, ever since the update to version 1.6.3 of the app, it crashes every time upon trying to open it. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, and even did a complete factory reset on the iPad itself, but the app still crashes every time.
The Lego Boost Creative Toolbox itself is a wonderful set, my kids love it, and fortunately we have another device that they can operate it with. But, if you are considering purchasing the set to use with a 4th gen iPad, I recommend downloading the app first to make sure that it works.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.