A free AAC talker app supports communication in all areas of life and therefore providing a voice to everyone. LetMeTalk is donation financed.
LetMeTalk enables you to line up images in a meaningful way to read this row of images as a sentence. To line up images is known as AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication).
The image database of LetMeTalk contains more than 9,000 easy to understand images from ARASAAC (http://arasaac.org). Additionally, you can add existing images from the device or take new photos with the build in camera.
For LetMeTalk no internet connection or mobile contract is necessary, so you can use LetMeTalk in almost any situation, like hospitals, nursing home or schools.
You can find LetMeTalk tutorials at http://letmetalk.info/support
• autism symptoms and Asperger syndrome, autistic spectrum disorder (ASD)
• speech apraxia
• articulation/phonological disorder
• Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
• Motor Neuron Disease (MND)
• cerebral palsy
• down syndrome
• more than 9,000 images from ARASAAC included
• voice support for images and sentences
• unlimited and flexible creation of new categories and adding new images
• pre configured for kids with autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
• load / save your current profile (vocabulary)
• keep several profiles on your devices and switch fast between them
• share your profile easily with other devices
• switch fast between 2 languages and use LetMeTalk as translator
• supported languages: English, Spanish, French, Italian and German, Chinese, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, Arabic, Russian, Polish, Bulgarian, Romanian, Galician, Catalan, Basque
• voice support for most languages
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- bugfix: it is now possible again to add images from the gallery
Ratings and Reviews
Would like the sound to work
I can’t get the sound to work. This app is what my son uses the most can someone help me get it to work. Volume is up on the table to.
After using this for a year I can confidently say This is the best free aac app i have tried the speech is understandable lots of words great categorizing ability easy to use and doesn't need wifi to work. I'm autistic and when upset, tired or in pain lose my verbal skills. Communication with this app is fluid easy and effective. Tips: some words are named a bit funny so you might have to search for a few moments try U.K. And American English words to refer to something first then try synonyms. Some words may need to be spelled phonetically
As an SLP I love to recommend this app to parents as a beginner AAC app to determine if a more robust AAC device would be appropriate for their child. While the voice is very robotic, it is hard to find a free app that has a voice at all. I love how you can customize it and upload your own pictures to make it personal with the child’s favorite things.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- AppNotize UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 124.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014, AppNotize UG