LEX18 News App delivers relevant local, community and national news, including up-to-the minute weather information, breaking news, and alerts throughout the day.
When you open our app, you'll know what's going on right now and what's important to your local area.
We've improved the experience with an intuitive layout and simplified navigation. News, weather and video are just a tap away.
Our favorite feature is the weather section. Not only do we deliver hourly and daily forecasts, we give you the most updated severe weather information in an instant.
• Breaking news alerts and stories
• Live streaming video
• Fast and easy to use
• Hourly and daily weather forecasts from your trusted local weather team
• We are excited to offer a Premium ad-free experience for purchase within the app for $1.99/month or $10.99/year for iPhone and iPad devices only (Apple TV not included). The subscription removes all in-app ads, including pre-roll video. Linked content displayed in a web-view is not included. Thanks for supporting local journalism!
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
We're committed to continually improving our user experience, so please let us know how we're doing by leaving a review in the App Store.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
Current weather forecast and video
I wish this app would be current with the written forecast AND the video forecast updating. When you click on the weather tab, you still get Bill Meck’s forecast from the night before, rather than Tom’s more current forecast. Same thing on the weekends, with Jill. So I search on Facebook for their pages to get the up to date forecast, text and video. Other networks in Lexington can get this right. Why not Lex 18?
The app this replaced was much better and to add insult to injury they now ask you to subscribe, if you wish to eliminate the advertising. LEX18 has been my go to news source for a long time because their app was superior to both 27 and 36. This “upgrade” puts them on par with the others. If they must ask for subscriptions, fine, but they should do it on the previous app. This was a move in the wrong direction.
Unclear why the change.
New update is less user friendly than the predecessor. Had to delete the old app, download the new one. Change has not been an improvement, not better, just different.
- E.W. Scripps Company
- 36.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © The E.W. Scripps Company
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription - Annual $10.99
- Premium Subscription - Monthly $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.