Life of a Wizard 9+
Hosted Games LLC
Designed for iPad
Write an archmage's autobiography in this 80-year 130,000-word interactive fiction! Play good or evil, man or woman, as you bring peace to the kingdom or take over the world with your sorcery. Brew potions, raise the dead, summon mythical beasts, control men's minds, and blast away your enemies.
"Life of a Wizard" is an epic interactive novel where you control the main character. In each chapter, your choices determine how the story proceeds.
Will you find romance, get married, or have children? Will you become the arch-mage, grand bishop, nature-loving druid, hardened battle-mage or even an undead lich? The choice is yours!
Ratings and Reviews
I love this game. There are so many options that you can choose early in the game that affect your choices later on that it gives the game great replay value. There are a few suggestions I’d make (BEWARE OF SPOILERS BELOW).
1. I’d add more achievements, especially for more niche accomplishments (end game with maximum possible fame, end game with maximum possible peace/army power, win while only having friends/followers who are gnomes, etc…)
2. If the player fails at something because a given stat is too low (ie the collective rating of the party when they face the dragon), telling them what the required value is diminishes the replay value (it especially de-incentivizes options that give them a crystal ball).
3. When healing the headmaster of the academy, the option to use the player’s troll blood is visible regardless of the race of the player.
4. I don’t k ow if this was intentional, but the Diplomacy is super easy to max out as it gets increased even for choices that are only tangentially related to diplomacy.
Worth the money
The simple writing style makes it easy to understand and the stats are relatively easy to grasp. Also incorporates some nice curve balls where you sometimes just have to use logic instead of pure stat based decisions. Overall, the high replay ability and simple style of the story boded really well with me. If you’re someone looking for extravagant writing and “big words” I would not recommend this. However, if you’re looking for simplicity and a nice story with high replay ability, then this is one of the best.
Incredible, a hidden gem
Life of a Wizard was a chance buy for me. Little did I know it was a very immersive CYOA with countless decisions. I was fortunate enough to almost always have at least one option for every check on my first run (thanks summoning) but I do wish there were a rewind option. I know why there isn't but I feel like it would be beneficial in case of a mis-click or if the results weren't what you wanted. Regardless of this I wholeheartedly recommend this game.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hosted Games LLC
- 24.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2013-2015 Mike Walter
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.