Personalized Diets and Meal Plans, food and exercise tracking, calorie counter, and healthy recipes, all in one place. Get healthy and feel great with Lifesum!
** App of the Day for 2019 **
** Editors' Choice 2018 **
Join 40 million users on the journey to better health and discover how tracking small habits can make a big difference in becoming happier and healthier.
Reach your health and weight goals through better eating:
- Deepen your knowledge to empower you to make more conscious nutritional choices
- Learn about healthy eating, not just about calorie counting
- Get a better understanding of which foods you should put more or less of onto your plate
- Get help making the right choices at the grocery store
- Discover how making small changes, like simply switching brands, can have a positive effect on your health
- Find healthier alternatives to your favorite foods
What you can do as a free Lifesum user:
- Follow a Classic Diet and get your calories and macros (carbs, proteins, and fats) tracked
- Easy tracking with barcode scanner and picture recognition
- Get basic food and meal ratings, so you know whether you’re in line with the recommended energy amounts for each meal
- Get a basic day rating to see how well you’re meeting daily intake goals, plus the quality of foods you track each day
- Track your daily habits with water, fruit and vegetable, and seafood trackers
- Track your weight and waist measurements
- Save your favorites – create and save foods, recipes, meals, and exercises (limited)
- Import and export your nutrition data, exercise data, and weight and body measurements to and from the Apple Health app
The added value when you join Lifesum Premium:
- Widest variety of Diets (Ketogenic, Clean Eating, Paleo, 5:2, 6:1, Mediterranean, Scandinavian, High Protein, etc.) and Meal Plans (Vegan for a week, Keto Burn, 3 Week Weight Loss, etc.) to choose from
- Access to our recipe library along with daily recipe suggestions
- Create and save an unlimited number of foods, meals, recipes, and exercises to enjoy one-tap tracking
- Detailed nutritional information (potassium, sodium, fiber, added sugar, saturated fat, unsaturated fat, and cholesterol), so you know you’re hitting the daily recommendations
- Net carb tracking to help you stay on course and below daily limits if you’re following a Keto diet
- Detailed food and meal ratings (“great source of fiber,” “high in sugar,” “low in sodium,” “high in sodium,” etc.) so you know how closely different foods align with your specific goals and preferences
- Adjustable settings for macronutrients, giving you customized recommendations to follow based on your unique needs and preferences
- Body measurement tracking (weight, waist, body fat, chest, arm, BMI) - excellent tools for highlighting your progression to health
- Ability to connect with fitness apps like Withings, FitBit, Endomondo, and Runkeeper
- Health Test & Life Score – a weekly health score based on 16 nutrition and exercise measurements, so you understand where you are and what’s next for you to build a healthy lifestyle
Lifesum Premium Subscription (3, 6, and 12 months):
The subscription period will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. To turn this function off, simply go to your iTunes account and turn off auto-renew. Renewal payments will differ depending on subscription and pricing at the time of renewal. Your iTunes account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed.
A fresh version of Lifesum is here! This release includes:
- The new Sugar Detox Meal Plan helps you cut back on sugar while reaching your health and weight loss goals.
- The Paleo Meal Plan is finally here! Eat only whole, unprocessed food and lose weight in no time.
Questions or feedback? Feel free to reach out to email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Want to lose weight? Gain muscle? Simply follow a healthier and more balanced diet? Lifesum can help with any or all of these goals, wrapping together delicious meal plans, detailed exercise tracking, and even regular reminders to drink plenty of water. There are diets to suit a variety of goals, tons of trackable fitness activities, and a friendly, supportive guide that keeps the science tucked away behind the scenes.
So elegant and visually appealing
What a gorgeous app- that alone makes me want to open it and track. I love that it there's a water tracker, daily fruit and vegetable and weekly seafood tracker and that they give you a life score with details on what to improve each week. Sure, a few glitches like not currently syncing with Health app (I open both then close both and open once more then it tracks), and the recipes and sometimes the database doesn't have the exact food but does have something comparable, just takes a smidgen more work. The beta camera isn't the greatest if you have a deep dish as opposed to a plate but it sure is handy and easy enough to adjust. And there's not many recipes, but the ones available are easy to follow and pleasant to eat, plus how often does one follow a recipe to a T? I've tried other tracking apps (looking at you MFP) and all the ads and monotone color scheme make them too unidimensional- this is beautiful, too beautiful not to use. And the step counter that equates steps to what you burn makes me just competitive enough with myself to make me want to walk even more (I burned 1.5 croissants?!? Bet I can burn 2!). I'd like to buy the app developers a beer. Then go walk said beer off. I saw a couple of review that say the app is rigid in terms of certain foods like sunflowers, and though I appreciate the sentiment, I am using the app for weight loss and do indeed want to know if a food is high in caloric content.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very very much for your detailed feedback! We are glad to hear that you like Lifesum!
The verified foods are from several food databases: the USDA, food items from Livsmedelsverket in Sweden, from the UK Food Standards Agency and the BLS from Germany.
Parts of the food database is created by our users. These food items can, unfortunately contain wrong nutrition values. But it is now possible for users to edit those or add missing values. In order to edit food, please click on the item in question and then on "Edit Food". Please, find more information here: https://lifesum.helpshift.com/a/lifesum---healthier-eating-better-living/?s=food-exercise-tracking&f=can-i-also-edit-correct-items-created-by-other-users
Verified items can not be edited by users but can be reported directly through the app.
In addition you can, of course, always create your own food / meals / recipes under Me / Favorites.
We will, of course, constantly clean the database from our side as well.
Meal plans impractical
Just downloaded this today and got a premium subscription for 3 mos. Haven’t been able to do much but most of the features seem nice! I like that it tells you how good certain foods or meals are for you and tracks how “on track” you are. It puts it a step ahead of most other trackers I’ve seen.
A feature I was really excited for with the subscription but disappointed by is the meal plan. It seems to be a new feature so I don’t want to give up on it yet, but there are almost no customization options, as far as I can tell, of how many unique meals you want per week, changing measuring units (what does a “standard serving” of blueberries or chicken constitute as?), or how many servings you want of each meal. Right now it just offers you 4 unique meals every day and expects you to wrap your head around purchasing ingredients, prepping, cooking and storing 28 unique meals every single week.
I like to keep things simple. I eat 1 kind of lunch and alternate between 2 different dinners all week. I also skip breakfast, which would be a nice thing to have as an option for meal planning. My boyfriend and I live together and like to cook and eat together. His calorie need is greater than mine, so being able to add 2 extra servings of a dinner to a grocery list would take a lot of the headache out of figuring out what we need to get. For now, I think I’ll stick with adapting recipes from other plans and coming up with my own meal plans.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our app! The meal plans are designed to be a kick-starter to your diet and are supposed to last a short period of time. It is possible to swap meals throughout the week in order to eat the same meal each day, so there are small adaptations possible. Thanks again for your feedback and good luck with your goal!
- Lifesum AB
- 203.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.2 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Lifesum
- In-App Purchases
- Lifesum Premium $24.99
- Lifesum Premium $8.99
- Lifesum Premium $18.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.