LightTrac is a must have tool for all outdoor photographers. Quickly determine at what time and location the light conditions are perfect to shoot your subjects outdoors. The elevation and angle of Sun changes throughout the year depending on the location, date as well as the time of day. LightTrac calculates both the elevation and angle of Sun and Moon for any date & time, for any place on earth and plots it on top of a satellite map. Armed with this information and with an extremely easy to use interface, you can now plan your photo shoot even several months ahead of time and position yourself at the right spot at the right time for that perfect shot.
Whether you are a nature or landscape photographer, a real-estate or architecture photographer, a wedding or sports photographer you will simply love what LightTrac has to offer.
LightTrac is an invaluable not just useful to photographers, but also to architects, real-estate buyers, solar panel owners/installers, gardeners, travelers or for any outdoor person interested in knowing any info about the Sun or the Moon.
• Universal app works on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• Scout for new locations using a map for the perfect sunlight angle or for a backdrop with a rising/setting moon
• Find Angle and Elevation of Sun for any location and time
• Find Angle and Elevation of Moon for any location and time
• Find Sunrise, Sunset and Twilight times for any day
• Find Moonrise, Moonset and Moon Phase for any day
• View exact date and time when Full moon, New moon, First quarter and Last quarter occurs
• View elevation chart and azimuth chart for Sun and Moon
• View the length of shadow for any elevation at any time
• Integrated compass view on the iPad
• Search locations by address, city or zipcode
• Save multiple locations and switch between them easily
• Use address book to pick locations from your contact's addresses
• Share your saved locations easily with fellow photographers via email
• Easily export your locations to KML file to view on other apps
• Does automatic timezone detection
• Available in English, German, French
What others say about LightTrac ?
"LightTrac is phenomenal"
– Adorama TV
"An amazing application. 5 stars out of 5"
"I rate things pretty hard but give this app a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars."
"A true blessing"
"Best money I've spent in a long time."
Ratings and Reviews
The Best by far!
LightTrac is by far the best way for anyone who wants to envision, actually see, and follow all the details of how the sun effects your home, vacation place, sailboat, or anywhere as the Sun rises in the east (in precise degrees on compass), elevates in degrees, during the day, sets, and the duration of various models of darkness.
For anyone interested in the place and environment on land or sea, “Don’t leave home without LightTrac”!
Alan from Maine home and waters
Great app - I use it regularly
Update - I still really like this app and its simplicity. I have all the other more expensive and complex apps, but I still visit this one first. My previous comments still apply, it would be nice to see a few changes:
Still worth it. But would benefit from having buttons, such as locations, more intuitive. Interface still a little clunky and doesn’t seem to take full advantage of later iOS versions. I would be willing to buy it again, I’ve had this app since my first iPad (1).
This is an excellent tool to track the location of the sun or moon at a particular location for different days of the year. I have several locations saved so I can easily check the changing light. The information about the moon phases is also very helpful. I wouldn’t be without this app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rivolu LLC
- 24.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese
- Age Rating
- © Rivolu LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.