• We've improved how you save and open files from chats.
- You can now rename files when saving them from chats.
- Files can be downloaded directly to your computer without selecting a folder or name.
- You can now simply click on a file to automatically save and open it.
• New markdown formats are now available.
- To strikethrough a message: Enter " ~message~ " (a space and a tilde on both ends of the message, omit quotation marks)
• When converting images to text, you can now check your agreement status in the feature via the accompanying icon.
• macOS Catalina is now supported.
• Minor bug fixes and other small improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Current version has broken sound on OS X and no way to contact support.
When it works, I give this app 5 stars, because it includes voice, video, text, stickers, lots of fun and easy to use. However, now, In Max OS X High Sierra, my LINE app is saying "No microphone or speakers detected." This happens whenever I try to make or receive a phone call to my friend.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and have checked the sound settings.
This used to work reliably and now never works.
There is no way to contact user support, although you can "report problems." It's just a black hole. So LINE is just broken and unreliable. This is not the first time I've had this kind of problem. So 3 stars.
I wish I could give it 5 stars
:( This verification, security system needs help. I love the app, perfect for keeping in touch with friends from other countries if you are studying abraod or something. I have all of my conversations and contacts from different countries on my account. When something happened to my phone and I was and am still unable to use it, the app won’t let me access any of my contact or chat information. If I want to use it on another device I need to verify it on that broken phone :(. It would be nice if when we verify through facebook we could keep all of our contacts and conversations, that information is the only reason I have Line and I don’t want all of my information to be deleted if I log in to the app on another device. The security system is really ridiculous, if you can verify through facebook you should really be able to keep your contacts you have gathered over the years and chats. :(
Can’t share contacts
I love using the mac version of line more than using it on my iphone. Line on my iphone works very slow and crashes sometimes. However, these never happens on mac version. The only problem I have is I couldn’t share contacts using mac version, I could only do it using my iPhone. That is quite annoying. Also, I hope the developer could add the “theme” on the mac version. I use the Cony as my theme and it looks cute and beautiful on my phone. I hope one day mac version got the theme too.
- LINE Corporation
- 67 MB
- Social Networking
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © LINE Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.