Lingopie is the easiest, most entertaining way to learn a new language. Learn Spanish & French today by binging over 1000+ hours of films and TV shows from leading global content creators. No where else can you learn a new language or dive into a foreign culture as quickly and as easily as Lingopie! Learn how people really speak, with the right mannerisms, accents and more!
We’ve invested everything in creating unique features that bring TV & film to life as language-learning tools.
How does the Lingopie app work?
Once you’ve picked a TV series or movie to learn with (don’t worry, you can change the channel any time), your streamed show will bring up subtitles in the original language (e.g., Spanish) along with English ones. Every word, phrase or slang is clickable to give you an instant translation in real-time to help you learn.
After you watch an episode you can easily review all your new vocabulary & grammar rules with our built-in flashcards and word lists.
Lingopie is great for all levels, from beginner to advanced, with great content and language learning tools appropriate for everyone.
Here’s what you can do with Lingopie:
* Customize your own flash cards based on scenes
* Change the playback speed
* Get quizzed on what you’ve seen
* Learn accents, mannerisms and other unspoken elements that really get you into a new culture and language
* So much more than just vocabulary and memorization - and much more fun!
People spend a lot of money and time trying to learn foreign languages. They are taught grammar and parts of speech, and in the end, they're not confident enough to speak and break through the "language barrier."
What sets Lingopie apart is the unique approach to language learning. We believe (and have the science to back it) that acquiring a new language in a stress-free environment, like outside of a classroom, is much more efficient and, most of all, fun!
And with our thousands of hours of premium, global entertainment, we’re turning a nagging chore into an enjoyable ride to a new skill.
So what are you waiting for? Download the Lingopie app today and get:
* Access to hundreds of TV shows from around the world
* Enjoyable exercises to memorize words and boost your vocabulary
* Hours of first-hand accent training and pronunciation practice
Join our growing community of language lovers like you on these social networks:
- Fixed subscription issues that resulted in the app crashing for some users.
- We just made Mashup even better, lighter and beginner friendlier!
Ratings and Reviews
Used this before they had an app and were still a website. Due to them not having a app, it wasn’t easily accessible and hard to save my place. They have so many great shows and even in Spanish they let you know which region the show is (ex: Mexico, Columbia. Honduras) so that you can see the differences. When I cancelled it, I received a email from one of the founders who told me they were sorry to see me go and offered me a student discount and told me they hoped to see me back and that they were planning on getting an app within a few weeks of that. I look forward to restarting where I left off because some shows on here are not only great, funny but it’s very helpful for learning languages.
Unprofessional Customer Service
Great concept to learn new language. I was trying this app out, as with all other apps there is a trial period after which you have the flexibility to cancel the subscription from your device. Lingo Pie strategically have put their subscription on the website, so you cannot maintain from your iOS settings or from the app. I was scratching my head to figure out where and how I would cancel my subscription while the time ran out and I was charged some $13. I was eventually able to figure out and cancel the subscription from their website. One of the founder reached out offering an alternative price/subscription to renew and instead I explained my situation and requested a refund, after which I never heard back. Granted, it was me who technically surpassed the free trial period by a day, but with request and explanation it should be clear why that happened. I will not recommend this app to anyone.
Exactly what I hoped it would be
I’ve tried learning languages partly by watching tv shows in the language for years, but it’s always been a hassle to find the right kind of show and keep track of the words I don’t know. This app makes all that easy: you can browse through shows, choose exactly the kind of subtitling you want, adjust the playback speed, get definitions of almost all the words by tapping the subtitles, and it keeps track of the words you don’t know, so you can write them down later or practice them in the app.
It’s not an all-in-one language learning app, but what it does, it does really well.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lingopie Inc
- 64.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Lingopie Inc
- In-App Purchases
- LingoPie Monthly Subscription $11.99
- Lingopie Annual Subscription $64.99
- Lingopie Monthly Subscription $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.