Turn your device into a light-powered camera, with full control of both the screen and the rear flash. Add a natural glow when taking selfies, illuminate subjects at night and zoom to get close for macro shots. Lit Cam is the only app that lets you take photos in complete darkness.
The flash in other camera apps is annoying and unpredictable. We transform it into a continuous configurable light, which makes it vastly more useful. Add the perfect amount to highlight your subject and improve sharpness. Combine light with zoom to capture hard to see fine details. Traditional flash can washout the background - now you can strike the perfect foreground/background balance. Take creative lit photos by using the app as a secondary or even primary light source.
Lit Cam is also the only app with color temperature controls tuned for capturing amazing photos. It even lets you change the color of the flash's light (on Quad-LED devices - iPhone 7 and beyond, iPad Pros).
Portable photo lights cost over $100. This app provides the same functionality with the devices you already have, and also adds a camera :-). Take better photos in low light situations and add some pop in the rest. Unlock your creativity by turning that extra phone or tablet into a photo light!
Go light some shots - photography is all about light!
* Use the display or the flash as the light source
* Take photos with both front and rear cameras
* Flip sides seamlessly, even with the camera on
* Smooth zoom controls for the rear camera
* Magnify and illuminate dark objects, such as restaurant menus
* Configure the perfect amount of light, from 10% to full-power
* When using the screen, pick the color temperature for the best look
* Auto-select the perfect screen color when using the front camera
* Switch between warm and cool flash light on Quad-LED devices
* View real-time camera shutter speed and ISO values
* Camera focal length estimation (full-frame equivalent) - useful when comparing the field-of-view to dedicated cameras
* Simple, fast, and focused - no bloat
* Minimal interface for one-handed use and optimized for all orientations
* Instantly turns on when you open the app
* Keeps the screen from unexpectedly sleeping
* Thoughtfully dims the screen when using the rear flash
* Works on iOS devices of all sizes - turn those old phones/tablets into portable lights!
Disclaimer: Continued use of the screen or flash may decrease battery life, but you already knew that.
Welcome to the third update!
- Settings are here - now you can configure the app to launch with your preferences
- Option to show rule of thirds grid for great compositions
- Quad-LED flash color change support for latest iPad Pros (3rd generation)
If you're enjoying Lit Cam, please consider leaving a review. It would be extremely appreciated :-)
Ratings and Reviews
I have tried numerous different camera lighting and editing apps however there was something about lit cam that stood out. For once I can have full control of the flash and different tones(warm-cool) which is offered through editing apps however with this app there is no need to later edit your pictures to warm or cool tones and no need to fix the amount of exposure, when you take the picture all can be done in one click and your picture is ready to go. This app is not only good for the back camera but I especially love the front camera as well. It’s hard to take the perfect selfie in bad lighting but with lit came you can have the desired lighting with a few quick adjustments again having full control of brightness and tone displayed. I highly recommend this app, and hope you can also experience the future of picture taking:)
Great App for Low Light Situations
This app has changed the way I take photos in low light. Either I have to use the flash which floods my subject with light, or take a blurry photo. With this app, I am able to control the intensity of the light which is very useful. Using the zoom and light are very useful as well for capturing details. Overall, excellent and simple to use app!
I downloaded this app today. It let’s you magnify the small print and lets you read easily. The other feature I liked most was that it lets you take selfie by shining light on your face. The screen acts as the light source. You can adjust the brightness. This app can take great closeups by shining light that is also adjustable. In short, a great app for all age groups.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.