APP SUPPORTS GIZMOS & GADGETS 2ND EDITION KITS ONLY. The littleBits Gizmos & Gadgets app is your personal guide to unleashing creativity. Discover thousands of inventions, take challenges, control your inventions wirelessly, connect with the global littleBits community, access step-by-step tutorials, and easily upload and share your own creations. And if you have the Gizmos & Gadgets Kit, 2nd Edition, this app is a requirement!
Learn how to make a blinking, buzzing, bumbling robot, a synth-keytar you can shred on, or the perfect way to automate your curtains to open with the sunrise. Then add a Bluetooth Low Energy Bit and control them from your phone or tablet!
- Get personalized littleBits invention recommendations
- Explore thousands of inventions & instructions from people just like you
- Upload and share your inventions with the littleBits community
- Browse challenges and submit your inventions to be entered to win prizes
- Control your Bluetooth Low Energy Bit-enabled inventions from your smart device
- Get a personal, guided kit experience when you load the Rule Your Room Kit or Gizmos & Gadgets Kit, 2nd Edition into your Bit Inventory
- Create custom controls for your Bluetooth Low Energy Bit
- Receive notifications about new challenges, and when the community likes or comments on your inventions
- Learn which inventions you can make with the Bits you own
- Manage your Bit inventory and build your collection
- Set up and control your cloudBit directly from your smartphone or Apple Watch
littleBits is a platform of easy-to-use electronic buildings blocks for you to create inventions large and small. These innovative building blocks snap together with tiny magnets, allowing anyone to build, invent, and prototype with electronics independent of age, gender and technical background – no soldering, wiring, or programming required.
- New app name to improve user experience for customers who have the Gizmos & Gadgets Kit
- Be sure to download the “littleBits App” for content related to the Base Inventor Kit, the Electronic Music Inventor Kit, and the Space Rover Inventor Kit
Ratings and Reviews
There is nothing for me to build
When I go on the app and look for stuff to build, it uses a whole bunch of different things that I don’t have. I only have the gizmos and gadgets kit but not the CloudKit.
Company too lazy to make content/tutorials
First of all, I love the idea of building projects with my daughter. Problem is, these kits they sell have a limited amount of projects included and then they lean on other kids to create projects FOR THEM for free. Most of what’s found are basically show-off projects with NO direction.
Littlebits answer to this is “just create stuff...by buying more kits!” And again just a few small projects.
This company really needs to hire some real project tutorial makers without pushing it back to other kids to create content for them. It’s not working. Now I have 3 kits collecting dust because my daughter, and peoples other kids I’ve tried to give them away to, don’t want them. Just more junk for the landfill.
Littlebits - a word of advice. Kids need direction in these kits. When a FEW get older, then they create their own stuff - but only a few. You can’t expect ALL kids to “just create” after 3, 4 or 12 projects. You obviously don’t have kids and are designing for yourself.
Well I'm glad I decided to do my homework on the product I was really excited when I saw this I almost just got it with out looking into it. I am happy I did and will be waiting to see what other companies do in the future I'm sure it won't be long til someone really wants to help out little inventors with something they can use and learn from with out a huge marketing scam.... People who do this and take advantage of children's excitement and wonder over things they won't be able to achieve even if they wanted to because what they’re selling will never actually be what their showing it sold as should be ashamed of themselves terrible people do things like that I will never buy from this company
And In order to write a review I have to rate them at least one star to make my thoughts heard and add to there rating smh
Why are people rating this product at 3/4 stars if all your saying about it is negative I don’t understand
- littleBits Electronics Inc
- 122.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 littleBits Electronics, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.