Live Traffic NSW provides up-to-the minute news of incidents and conditions that affect your journey in Sydney and Regional NSW.
This app provides you with live updates about traffic incidents and access to live traffic cameras from the Transport Management Centre (TMC).
• Latest traffic information for Sydney and Regional NSW including incidents, major events, fires, floods, alpine conditions and roadworks.
• Access to live traffic cameras with images updated every 60 seconds.
• View incidents and cameras near your current location using maps or in a text list.
• Save your favourite routes, and set up scheduled alerts to notify you of incidents on your routes.
• Save your favourite cameras for quick access, and swipe between them to check traffic conditions before you start your journey.
• Listen to text-to-speech driver alerts.
The Transport Management Centre (TMC) monitors and manages the 18,000km NSW State road network 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The TMC uses advanced monitoring, communication and traffic management systems to respond to and clear traffic incidents as quickly as possible, improve consistency of journey times, and provide the public with quality up-to-date information.
Our aim is to help motorists make the best possible travel decisions that will, in turn, contribute to the safe and efficient management of our roads.
We're committed to ensuring that Live Traffic NSW meets the needs of travellers in NSW, and your feedback is essential. If you have any ideas, suggestions for improvement or questions about the app, please contact us by using the feedback form within the app.
The Live Traffic app for iOS has been updated. It is now:
iOS 12 compatible
iPhone X compatible
Bugs fixed to improve reliability
We have also made improvements to the text formatting for incident information.
Note: Live Traffic NSW supports iOS version 10 or later. If you're unable to update your OS version please use the website www.livetraffic.com
Ratings and Reviews
Much room for improvement
A much needed app for the terrible Sydney traffic. Lots of room to improve. Will be good if users can report incident to keep this as accurate as possible. Traveling time estimated based on time of the day will also be useful. Looking forward for the next update.
A good start
Not a bad starting point
Smarter cities will need this sort of app but it's still a baby in its capabilities
If your visiting Sydney grab it as it will give a good feel for the greater metro area but it's not google or apple maps grade !
Title says it all. Makers need to learn the difference between "features" and "tutorial." "Tutorial" ought to tell one how to use the product! Can't program and save route because it does not tell me how. Otherwise it's loaded with the usual Google maps blunders.
- Transport for NSW
- 166.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Transport for NSW
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.