Live Traffic NSW provides you with real-time information about unplanned and planned incidents that affect your trips in NSW and across borders into QLD, SA, VIC and ACT.
- Incident information for Sydney and Regional NSW including crashes, breakdowns, fires, floods, snow, public events and roadworks.
- Strategically located traffic camera images updated every 60 seconds, which you can save for quick access.
- Receive notifications about incidents affecting your saved trips
- Save areas of interest and receive notifications about incidents affecting your saved areas.
- Follow incidents and receive notifications when the incident impact changes or ends.
- Cross-border incident information from QLD, SA, VIC and ACT.
- Location of fires from NSW Rural Fire Service.
- Local road information in Northern NSW (supplied by myroadinfo.com.au).
Live Traffic NSW aims to help motorists make the best possible travel decisions that will, in turn, contribute to the safe and efficient management of our roads.
Live Traffic NSW is owned and operated by the Transport Management Centre (TMC) which monitors and manages the 18,000km NSW State road network 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The TMC uses advanced monitoring, communication and traffic management systems to respond to and clear traffic incidents as quickly as possible, improve consistency of journey times, and provide customers with quality up-to-date information.
This app also uses data from interstate road agencies (QLD, SA, VIC and ACT), NSW Rural Fire Service, and Northern NSW local roads (myroadinfo.com.au).
We're committed to ensuring that Live Traffic NSW meets the needs of road users in NSW, and your feedback is essential. If you have any ideas, suggestions for improvement or questions about the app, please contact us by using the feedback form within the app.
Bug fixes and minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Title says it all. Makers need to learn the difference between "features" and "tutorial." "Tutorial" ought to tell one how to use the product! Can't program and save route because it does not tell me how. Otherwise it's loaded with the usual Google maps blunders.
Much room for improvement
A much needed app for the terrible Sydney traffic. Lots of room to improve. Will be good if users can report incident to keep this as accurate as possible. Traveling time estimated based on time of the day will also be useful. Looking forward for the next update.
A good start
Not a bad starting point
Smarter cities will need this sort of app but it's still a baby in its capabilities
If your visiting Sydney grab it as it will give a good feel for the greater metro area but it's not google or apple maps grade !
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Transport for NSW
- 36.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Transport for NSW
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.