Opal Travel is the official app for managing your travel across the Opal network in Sydney and greater New South Wales. Use the app to add value to your Opal card remotely, enable auto top ups, view your travel history and access other useful public transport information, all on your iPhone.
• Top up on the go
• Trip planner with fare estimates
• Register your Opal card
• Report card lost or stolen and transfer the balance to another eligible Opal card linked to your account
• Alerts when you are approaching your stop
• Subscriptions to disruption notifications specific to your trip
• Auto top up functionality
• Account balance, trip history and Weekly Travel Reward information
• Opal retailer locations
• Compatibility with registered and unregistered Opal cards
Opal Travel is designed for use with Adult, Child/Youth, Concession and Senior/Pensioner Opal cards only and is not compatible with ‘jailbroken’ iOS devices.
Siri requires iOS 12 and above.
You acknowledge that Transport for NSW will not send you a paper copy.
For more information visit https://transportnsw.info/apps/opal-travel
- Minor bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Good app but could you please add paypal?
Top up on the app is great bit could you please add paypal as an option? Thanks!
Trip Planner needs work
Google maps does a better job of listing Opal route options than this app does. Unlike website search, this app doesn’t let you set route options. It always picks the “fastest” route, which is often just walking. For older folks who would prefer to ride despite taking longer, this app is useless. Ended up using Uber instead of the Opal service several times!
When can you use Apple Pay?
I really hope one day I will be able to use my Opal Card registered instead of using Visa/Mastercard that doesn’t have Weekly Travel discount.
- Transport for NSW
- 78.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Transport for NSW
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.