TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
Additional features in the full version of TripView:
- Save your trips
- No advertisements
- Organise trips into folders
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email email@example.com with details. No guarantees are made about real-time data availability. If the transit operator doesn't provide real-time data for a particular service, TripView will revert to showing the scheduled time, as per the timetable.
- For frequency-based services (i.e. light rail and metro), delays are now calculated based on headway. If the gap between two services is longer than timetabled, the second service will be shown as delayed.
- Various other fixes
Ratings and Reviews
It works who would have believed
A working travel app
Extremely useful for tourists!
I spent a week in Sydney and used this app at least once a day. What's great is that it's useful even without a data connection, so no need to spend money on roaming charges. Bus routes are included, so we were able to find our way around while on the go.
If I lived in Sydney, I'd definitely buy this app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.