LK is a sophisticated remote controller application for music software and hardware.
It works in two modes: Live or MIDI. In Live mode, each module has a tight integration with Ableton Live making it easy to interact with your Ableton Live project. Use the MIDI mode to control other apps using the LK’s virtual MIDI output, or to control software running on your computer, using a wired or wireless connection via UBRIDGE.
LK is intuitive to use and features creative tools that makes it a powerful companion for any electronic musician. Its 5 independent modules are available as in-app purchases, therefore you will only buy what you need and nothing else.
See what’s inside:
- Control almost every aspect on Ableton Live, from composition to automation, clips, tracks, devices and much more with MATRIX. You can also sequence MIDI hardware and software with MATRIX module in MIDI mode.
- Get the MPC feel on your touchscreen with MIDI PADS, featuring an arpeggiator and a chorder. This module works in two modes: Ableton Live and MIDI mode. When working in Ableton Live mode it automatically maps drum rack pads names to each pad on the app. You will never miss a pad again.
- Extensive control through 128 parameters with MIDI Controller. Just like MIDI PADS, this module works in either MIDI or Ableton Live mode. Forget the old school MIDI mapping. In Ableton Live mode, with the learn function you just need to choose assign and change the parameter… ready to rock!
- Three dimensional parameter tweaking with X/Y PAD. Just like MIDI PADS and MIDI CONTROLLER this module also works in either MIDI or Ableton Live mode making it to assign parameters on the fly with the learn function.
- Play chords like you have nevel played before with the CHORDER module. Just like the other modules, it works in Live or MIDI mode. Use the chorder generator to build your chords and lay them out according to your needs.
- Keyboard module serves as a Live or MIDI enhanced keyboard controller with 3-axis expression capabilities. It is fully customisable to scale and keyboard range. It also allows the possibility of mapping any Live or MIDI CC parameters to be controlled by the position you play in each of the keys of the keyboard thus providing additional expression to the performance of each note.
The ability to connect USB MIDI interfaces allows you to interact with external gear at the same time you control Ableton Live since you can switch modes on the fly at any time.
To connect LK to your host computer you will need to download and install a software utility called UBRIDGE on your computer. It is available for Windows and OSX.
For detailed operation information and requirements please visit www.imaginando.pt/products/lk
- Add background mode support
- Improved Ableton Link support
- Metronome on Matrix Module (Midi Mode)
- Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
couple bugs but great interface
looks beautiful and controls work very seemlessly with ableton. they just need to fix a bug where ableton cannot select multiple tracks while using LK. i believe this is because LK is unable to select multiple tracks with Matrix. i’ve also ran into bugs where it would crash when sometimes selecting a track with the keyboard. otherwise it’d be a 5 from me, i do believe this app has a lot of potential despite these issues and would love to see these being fixed!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your feedback. We'd love to talk to you about the issues you are facing in a bit more detail. If you'd like to get in touch via our website contact page, we would be happy to help you out.
This app is magnificent. I am currently without any music-making hardware, so the MIDI keyboard and pads features are a godsend. The latency isn’t great over WiFi but with a simple usb connection from your iPhone/iPad to your computer it works beautifully. All the features of this app are amazing and I’m stoked to start working with it. I have a small iPhone so I might have to get an iPad just for this! The potential applications for live performance are already getting me excited. Perhaps the best part is the fact that you can pay for only the features you need, so you’re not buying a $20 app with a bunch of unnecessary stuff, depending on what you’re trying to do with it. Best music production-related app I’ve seen in a very long time, highly recommended.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for such an awesome review! We're really happy to hear that you are enjoying LK; feedback like this means so much to us and is very much appreciated.
GREAT APP FOR ABLETON LIVE 10
To the devs; my only request is to please add a 64 pad option in the pad module. And now for the good part of the review...
I used to own an app named ControlR which was the perfect performance controller for Live. However the company folded or something and the app disappeared after I bought all the controller modules (quite upset about that). This app seems almost the same but with the added ability to control any class compliant midi device. I definitely love this.
After testing LK I'm sold on at least 3/6 modules. I really wish other developers would follow this demo-model that Imaginando uses so that it doesn't feel like it's a gamble buyingn apps. I tested the apps (LK and DRC) and used all of the features for a limited time until the prompt where I decided.
Last but not least, to those reading this and comparing to Touchable Pro; I would class LK as a performance midi controller (and then some), NOT a full interface for Ableton Live (like Touchable Pro is). I personally prefer this because I have no desire to go deep into Live from my iPad. No way.
Keep up the good work, devs. Cheers.
Developer Response ,
Thanks Kibwe! Really great to hear that LK's structure works for you - thank you for your kind words :)
- Imaginando Lda
- 45.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Imaginando
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Matrix $8.99
- Unlock MIDI Pads $3.99
- Unlock MIDI Controller $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.