LogCheck is the easiest way to stay on top of routine maintenance tasks, inspections, and meter readings. Streamline your rounds process, and never have to fill out a paper log sheet again. Automatically receive reminders and alerts, run trends, and seamlessly report your field activities to the back office.
BETTER RECORD-KEEPING WITH LESS PAPERWORK
• Keep track of any routine task
• Customize everything
• Save time and reduce reporting errors
• Works even when you don’t have internet connection
IMPROVE ACCOUNTABILITY AND COMMUNICATION
• Every record is time-stamped; know who did what, when
• Use photos to provide context and add detail
• Easily review staff’s field notes at any time
• Receive automatic alerts and email summary reports
GAIN INSIGHT, EVEN WHEN YOU’RE OFF-SITE
• Access all your data from any iOS device or web browser
• Simple layout makes it easy to see that your assets are being covered
• Faster, better information helps you make smarter decisions
HELP YOUR STAFF SUCCEED
• Reduce time training new staff with well-defined daily, weekly, monthly tasks
• Customizable instructions in your crew’s hands empowers them to be more self-sufficient
• Easily update and enforce standard procedures across your whole portfolio
Bug fixes and a minor update to improve iOS compatibility.
Ratings and Reviews
(FYI, through trial and error, I find iOS to be better quality. But android has better chemistry with my preferences.)
This app is only available in the apple store. You can take logs using iPhone and iPad only. You cannot enter log values with android devices or through the website. It would be more convenient to take rounds using my android phone than the work issued iPad. There are programs out here that covert iOS code to android code like Xamarin. It is a easy and cheap upgrade.
My other correctable complaint is the logs have to be uploaded when recording different buildings. You should just download the logs to the device and apply any user updates when it syncs. Also, it logs you out if you try to upload new logs without two bars of WiFi. Apple won’t save my password so the headache compounds.
I do enjoy the convenience the app applies when reporting problems. It allows you to type and take a picture of the problem and the supervisor becomes aware fairly quickly. The website is simple and not overwhelming when looking up logs and as an operator I find that relaxing when looking up information.
Email support doesn’t respond
If you have an issue with this app (very common) do not email them about the issue as they will not respond.
Update to Font ruined it
We pay to use this with a yearly contract, it is used daily to do building rounds at a data center. With the recent update, with the font now larger, it only has one line for the description, and cuts off everything beyond that, where it used to wrap around to a second line. So either it’s useless for new hires because they haven’t memorized everything to look at and record, or either I have to go back and edit all the descriptions that are too long now. Not sure how this was pushed out with this issue…….Is there a quick fix for this issue? Would be easiest to add a second available line for the description whether it’s used or not imo, or revert this change.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Building Engines, Inc.
- 13.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Jones Lang LaSalle IP, Inc.