Taking inspiration from music creation tools, using Looom feels more like playing an instrument than operating software - exploring lines, shapes and colors through loopable time and rhythm. Looom is all about looping animation with a smile. It was designed for professionals and beginners of any age and is already being used by some influential indie animators.
A delightful environment to learn, experiment, practice and create drawn animation.
Wonderfully musical, Next-gen dynamic non-destructive workflow.
No first frame or last. Looom’s threads are independent in length and speed, always tweak-able.
Lets you go as deep or as far as you want thanks to a completely resolution-independent vector engine.
Looom uses SVG as it’s native file format. Your work can be viewed in browsers and opened in desktop animation software.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great animation playground!
It’s a really nice and easy animation tool! Very intuitive and fun!!
Anyone can be very creative with this app. It’s a nice playground but you can also create great professional animations quickly.
Thanks to the developer for releasing this as a premium app without subscriptions.
I’d like to see more improvements though:
[Update: Eraser has been added! Yay!]
1. The current export flow is broken. I have to connect iPad to Mac, open Finder, go to Files tab, expand Looom, wait for seconds to be loaded, open another Finder window, and have to copy the entire Weaves folder to my drive. There should be an export feature within the app. So that I can easily share an animation to another app, save to iCloud drive or Airdrop to my Mac.
2. Simpler video export. The manual screen recording can be versatile, but automatically exporting a video with a few full-loops under current view point would be awesome.
3. More editing tools! With tools like duplicating a frame / move or zoom a layer or a frame / cut or copy & paste, our creative flow can be much more quicker and easier. (Imagine having those tools to create some works like the Lucky example and Paterson’s example on the web). I know you will find a nice way to add more tools without messing up the simplicity of the app :)
4. It drains the battery! I’d love to spend more time with Looom. Would you improve the performance please?
Left-handed mode needed!
update: developer responded and it turns out the left-handed mode was there, i just know how to enable it 😅😅😅 thank you! updated to five stars.
Hello! this app seems really cool, and even as someone with almost no artistic skill, i’m excited to see what i can do with this! however, i currently cannot use it based i’m the existing controls. i’m left-handed and use the apple pencil with my left hand, which does not seem compatible with the controls also being on the left and needing to be held down with a finger. Four stars for the idea though, five once i can use it!
Developer Response ,
Hey thanks for the review!
Left-hand mode is in there since day one! Pick your hand in the settings page.
Really fun to play with
This is an amazing app and you can do a lot of amazing things with it. I love that you can squiggle in real time or so frame by frame animation. It’s just missing a few features that keep it from being fully functional for my needs:
1. Select color by hex value (or import external color palettes some how)
2. Color picker tool.
3. Image import. It would be amazing if I could import an image to use as reference. If I could sketch an idea in Procreate, then bring that idea in Looom and retrace it as a key frame, that would be amazing.
4. Export video as a seamless gif or movie. You can export video, but it’s a little tricky to create a perfect loop from that video.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.