Turn your iPad into a wireless second display for Mac or PC.
Purchase hardware at www.lunadisplay.com — available for USB-C, HDMI, and Mini DisplayPort.
MIX AND MATCH DEVICES
Luna Display seamlessly extends your computer to another screen. Make the most of your devices with Luna Modes:
· Headless Mode (for Mac Pro and Mac mini)
SETS UP IN SECONDS
Simply plug Luna into your computer, launch the Luna apps, and you’re off and running. Hardware is available for purchase at lunadisplay.com.
DESIGNED FOR HEAVY-DUTY WORK
Luna's hardware ensures compatibility with any desktop app, delivering stunning image quality and low latency performance at 16ms. You get all the reliability of a traditional monitor, with the flexibility of your iPad.
CONNECT OVER WIFI OR USB
Luna was designed from the very beginning to work wirelessly. Your devices will automatically connect if they’re on the same WiFi network. And if WiFi isn’t available, you can also connect your devices over USB.
FULL TOUCH SUPPORT AND GESTURES
Luna Display acts as a complete extension to your computer, with full support for:
· External keyboards
· Apple Pencil
· Touch interactions (pinch, pan, zoom, tap)
· Primary PC: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit, Build 1809 or later
· Primary Mac: macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) or later
· Secondary iPad: iOS 12.1 or later
· Secondary Mac: macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) or later
FOR ARTISTS: WORKS WITH ASTROPAD
Luna fully integrates with our award-winning drawing software Astropad Studio. Luna extends Astropad Studio to create a fully customizable drawing tablet on your iPad. With Luna, your art is no longer limited by the size of your computer display.
THE POWER OF OUR LIQUID TECHNOLOGY
Using our proprietary LIQUID Technology, Luna Display provides crystal clear image quality, reliable performance, and wireless flexibility.
· Uncompromised image quality
· Lag-free performance at 60 frames per second
· GPU acceleration, so your computer stays fast and optimized
· Hand optimized ARM & x86 assembly to maximize battery life
· Velocity Control, which analyzes network conditions dozens of times per second
· “Luna’s visual fidelity is frankly stunning” — TechCrunch
· “Luna will change your travel workflow” — iMore
· “For the first time a wireless solution has impressed us” — Apple Insider
GET IN TOUCH
· Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Instagram: @astropadco
· Twitter: @astropad
· Facebook: facebook.com/astropadco
You asked... we listened! In this update, we're bringing to life some of the top feature requests from Luna users. Get all the details for this release at astropad.com/luna-display-5-1
- 4K and 5K Resolution: Now you can use your 4K or 5K computer as a second display at the full resolution. Visit Luna's "Preferences" menu to customize your refresh rate for your display resolution. *Note: 5K support requires a USB-C Luna. Resolutions beyond 4K require macOS Big Sur or later.
- PC-to-Mac Mode: Use any Mac as a wireless second display for your PC. If you wish to use a wired connection for PC-to-Mac Mode, we recommend an ethernet connection for the best performance. *Note: The secondary Mac must be running macOS 10.11 El Capitan or later.
- Teleprompter Mode for PC: Pair Luna Display with a beam splitter to give direct eye contact during video calls. Teleprompter Mode automatically flips your display image, so that your beam splitter reflects the correct image orientation. To enable Teleprompter Mode, go to Luna's "Preferences" menu on the desktop app, then the [Advanced] tab. Check the box next to [Enable Teleprompter Mode].
- Magic Keyboard Support: Now you can use a Magic Keyboard and trackpad with your iPad while using Luna Display. This new feature works for both Mac and PC.
- Office Mode for PC: Designed for users who commonly work in an environment where multiple people are using Luna. With Office Mode enabled, Luna will no longer automatically connect to the first computer it finds on the network. Instead, you must either connect via WiFi Manual Connect, or USB cable.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing product design
These guys are fantastic; they really know good design! I guess that’s what you can expect from ex-Apple employees. The user interface & user experience is top-notch. I just tried my Luna out and it works great! Super responsive with very clear Retina graphics. I guess it helps that I have a good WiFi connection. It’s nice that the Luna app comes with a software tool to let you track the product performance in real time (latency, etc). Note that Luna on your iPad doesn’t work with pressure-sensitive styluses unless you also get the AstroPad product, which I already had. But when you combine Luna with AstroPad you can use the pressure-sensitive feature on your stylus and its an amazing experience! In that case, you open the AstroPad app on your devices rather than the Luna app. But thanks to the Luna app, with that setup you can continue to use your iPad as a second display. This really is the ultimate setup. It’s a great way to take your Mac and your iPad and combine them to have a touch-enabled drawing pad that works with Apple Pencil. And much cheaper than buying a Wacom drawing pad or a second monitor with touch/draw capability.
Absolutely in love.
I have only started using Luna Display for less than an hour, and I can already say that it’s the best second display app by far (over Duet Display I have used for more than a year).
The quality of the screen is amazing especially for the Retina resolution. It’s so, so crisp 🤤. Text and photos look amazing on Luna Display. When content changes quickly, Luna chooses to maintain frame rate instead of the rendering quality, so you may see coarse frames for a brief moment, and that’s a fine approach Astro took.
Color accuracy is insane. Photos on Luna look indistinguishable from photos on native iPad when looking at them side by side (with Slide-Over). I can see why artists absolutely love Luna Display for this.
One big plus for Luna Display is that you can switch apps on iPad from Luna Display to another app, and then back to Luna Display again, and it wouldn’t lose the connection. I do this often as a developer. This is something that, so far, only Luna Display can deliver and such continuity feels so amazing. EDIT: this is actually not true. Luna will lose connection once iOS puts in in the background. However, this is not what Luna advertises.
MORE EDIT: Luna Display almost always needs a cable to work well for me. This can be a drawback for many, but not for me personally, so I still enjoy Luna immensely.
Thank you Astro HQ. I am absolutely in love with Luna Display ❤️.
Great but Perfect With Improvements
Definitely a great option for those looking to use a headless Mac Mini but there are some areas improvements could be made.
1. I find myself needing to click more than once with the iPad Smart Keyboard when using the device. A standard trackpad use would be great (follow my mouse with the trackpad and click when I tap/press firmly). May be limitation due to API available.
2. Choppy frame rate even when on solid WiFi connection across house. This I feel may need tweaking but I find that cabled connection is the best. I believe it also works when Wi-Fi is not available so I can always use this to initiate the ability to utilize sidecar which does have better performance when the devices are near each other and wireless.
3. Scrolling on the Magic Trackpad with two fingers isn’t supported. Even worse, when attempting to do this, scrolling with two fingers on the display becomes rendered undoable. It’s easily reproducable and needs some way to restore this functionality without disconnecting and reconnecting.
Developer Response ,
Hello, thank you so much for your feedback! We've made note of your suggestions and hope we can include these improvements in a future update!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Astro HQ LLC
- 40.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Astropad 2021, All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.