Vision Test for Retina Health
Sabina Technology, LLP
Designed for iPad
The MaculaTester® - A New Way to Monitor Visual Function!
Diseases that affect the macula (the center of the retina) including macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy are the main causes of blindness worldwide. The best defense against these macular diseases is early detection.
This simple test of your vision can alert you to early changes that may indicate a problem with your macula caused by diabetes or macular degeneration.
The MaculaTester (Pat. No. 8,047,652), is an INTERACTIVE version of the Amsler Grid - the standard test used by eye doctors to test macular function for over 50 years.
Image distortion is often the first visual change that patients notice when the condition is starting or advancing. Since the distortion can be subtle and difficult to notice at first, the Amsler Grid is used to help detect it as early as possible - while it is still treatable.
Most doctors give their patients a card with an Amsler Grid to test themselves at home between eye exams. Unfortunately, many patients loose it or forget to use it.
The MaculaTester performs the same function as the Amsler Grid but with several distinct advantages:
• It is interactive - allowing you to record the area of distortion by touching the screen. The recorded image is saved with date and time so you can show it to your doctor, as well as compare to previous images to look for any changes.
• It resides on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch - so you won't lose it.
• It reminds you to perform the test at regular intervals - so you won't forget to use it.
* This app is intended for use only as an early screening test for macular dysfunction. It is not designed or intended to be used as a tool to diagnose macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy or any other disease process. This test is not a substitute for an examination by a qualified eye care professional.
Developed by Citruslab.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
• Layout adjustments.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple & Easy
This app is great for monitoring the history of your eye condition. I used to try it with paper Amsler grids but going back to view the history was never easy/accurate. Trying to remember if there were any changes s week to week was not effective either. Once a week I use this app, save the results for both eyes then can swipe between weeks to look for changes. I also bring it in to the Dr and let him review it as well. Great app.
Great new version!
This has always been a great App for those of us with conditions that affect the macula. This new version fixed the few issues I had with the previous one. It allows you to compare results in a better way with the slider, it allows you to delete a previous saved result and - most importantly - it allows you to set up reminders so you don’t forget to test yourself. Great job!
Very helpful for people who need to test their vision daily
I agree with the previous reviewer about the navy background. I really like that one best, but I like that I can choose black or white if I want it too. I do wish you could have the option to delete a previous result that you've saved. It would also be cool if you could compare results...like view more than one day on the screen at a time (maybe something like the iPhone photo album). All in all it's a great app for those of us that have to manage our vision on a daily basis.
The developer, Sabina Technology, LLP, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sabina Technology LLP
- 17.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Sabina Technology, LLP
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.