Do you want to embroider unique and highly-realistic pictures? Are you tired of boring and one-dimensional embroidery patterns? Make your own pattern for cross-stitching in three seconds!
Magic Needle is a great opportunity to make a memorable gift for your family, friends or yourself!
Magic Needle is simple to use:
• Upload any image or photo
• Choose the size of needlepoint you want to make, the brand of floss, and the number of colors you want to use.
• Magic Needle makes a pattern and a summary page that has all the information about your project and materials you need:
• Canvas type and size
• Floss colors and numbers
• Number of skeins of each color
• Just get your materials and start embroidering – the picture will come to life with every stitch.
Use Magic Needle to start embroidering immediately:
• Sensitive color selection makes your picture the most realistic.
• See how the result would change depending on the floss brand you choose (different brands have different shades).
• The pattern center is calculated and marked to help you start your work.
• Zoom in to any part of the picture and see even the smallest details.
• Mark the stitched area and track your progress.
• Built-in ruler to show the number of crosses needed.
• Advanced settings:
• Set the number of strands
• Set fabric type and count
• Add extra canvas
• Inconvenient to embroider from the screen of your phone or tablet? Save the pattern to PDF format and print!
Don’t want to spend your time searching for the right pic? Go to the Shop and choose ready cross-stitch patterns from different topics.
Magic Needle is designed to make you enjoy every embroidered cross.
Thanks to your active feedback we have managed to improve performance and fix the most common bugs.
Useful bonus for Premium subscription users:
• now you can make patterns from pixel graphics in its original size
We want you to have a great experience using our app and are committed to always improving it.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Size and Color Issues
I like this app but had two problems. 1. My picture was horizontal and although I watched the tutorial I had trouble figuring out how to make it fit. I did finally realize that there is a “box” that changes the shape. This needs to be addressed in the tutorial. 2. My picture contains a considerable amount of white. But when I converted it the color became cornflower blue very light. This is VERY different from white.
I wasted both time and money (since I used the trial and all 3 of my paid conversions) trying to resolve these two issues. And I still have to try to adjust the colors to my picture!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We are working on advanced crop tool and better color palette selection. Sorry for the inconvenience, we will take into account these issues in the next application update.
We really appreciate your review and will do our best to make your embroidery experience more enjoyable.
Great app for creating your own
I really like how easy it is to create my own projects from selecting my image to adjust sizing and amount of colors. It’s especially convenient to be able to go back to a pattern and adjust these settings later without having to create a new file. I would give 5 stars if it also had the ability to send the pattern to a pdf in the free version. Can’t wait to get a premium version that can do that.
This has been great in helping me to create a cross stitch for my brother. Two things I would love to see:
1) A way to mark the progress I’ve made in the app, to find where I left off easier
2) An option to use less than 8 colors. I am cross stitching a word currently, yet the app is still requiring 8 colors. I’d be happy with two or three, but it’s difficult to transfer a name or word into a simple image.
Keep up the good work!
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks for your feedback - we really appreciate such a detailed comment.
UPD: Both features are available in the 2.1 version - just tap on the needed square and it will be highlighted as completed. We would appreciate your feedback regarding new tools and design change.
Magic Needle Support Team
- Artem Shal
- 46.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Artem Shal
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $6.99
- Export to PDF $1.99
- 1 pattern $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.