Track your life when playing Magic: The Gathering with this FREE little app. Set your phone on the table between you and your opponent and simply start playing. We've worked hard to provide as clean and streamlined an experience as possible.
====== MAJOR FEATURES ======
- Two-way screen setup, ideal for playing at tables.
- Add or subtract Life with a tap, or hold down to auto-tap.
- 2, 3, and 4 player layouts.
- Dice roll feature.
- Customizable backgrounds.
- Optional Poison counters, and other generic counter types.
- Change default starting life to fit various game modes.
- Collapsible center bar that hides global features when they aren't needed.
- Game over detection for quick access to the Reset button.
We want to know what YOU want out of your MtG life counter. Please send us feedback on our website!
This update improves life tracking visuals, adds support for custom starting life, and addresses some audio issues.
Life Tracking Improvements:
- The longer you hold the - or + buttons, the faster your counter value will change.
- The change in value is shown for a few seconds, making it easy to hit an exact number.
Custom Starting Life:
- A new button in the starting life section of the center bar lets you enter a custom starting life value.
- When using custom life, you can disable game over detection to prevent the center bar from opening automatically.
- Sound effects no longer interrupt other audio playing on your device.
- Sounds will not play if your device is in silent/vibrate mode.
- Tapping life should now feel smooth and responsive, no longer lagging some devices.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a fantastic life counter app. Is use it on my iPad Mini and the size is perfect to use at a table with other players. You can change the background color, add up to four players, and there are other frequently used counters if you swipe up on the life total.
I’d give it five stars if it did the following as well. The option to add a loyalty counter that stayed open until it hit 0 or you close it. If on of the other counters is in use add a small icon with the number by it on the main screen. Flipping back and forth to get to a particular counter is annoying. The ability to type in a life amount. A friend plays a life gain deck and adding 100+ life at a time is cumbersome.
Pretty good but...
I like the simplicity of it and the fact I can change the colors based on deck majority. I also like that there is a dice mechanism that allows you to decide who goes first. There is also a function which allows you to change the life default to 20, 30, or 40. My only real complaint is the fact that you can’t change the number of players, which is the main reason for only 3 stars (if I could I would rate it 3 1/2, but it does not allow me to do so). I normally play with/against 3+ players. There is another app that lets me do this, but I was unable to find it again in the App Store. If you could add the function to allow more players, I would consider this app the best Magic the Gathering Life Counter out there. But for now, I am still looking for another one.
I do realize that this app has every right to have ads on it, but it is quite annoying when you are trying to have a semi-professional match and ads are just casually on the screen. I am not marking my rating down for this, but I felt it worth to make a note of.
The best but not good enough
This is definitely the cleanest and preferred life coubter of choice. The customizable colors are awesome, and it's simple and intuitive. I really like how I can set the life counter to different numbers by default too. However, this takes a huge toll on your battery, so much so that I resort to pen and paper after one game. Also, you cannot set the number of players. As I play commander, I am usually playing with three or four players. In this instance this app falls short. I also cannot choose to represent only my life. This would be a welcome alternative, as my friends usually have their own way to represent their's anyway. Overall though this is the best there is!
- Andre Arsenault
- 15.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 talisman.games
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-Free Upgrade $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.