Read books together with your baby, toddler, and preschooler directly on your phone or tablet for free — anytime, anywhere.
With this app, you’ll be able to:
• Download free books to share with your baby, toddler, or preschooler.
• Use our “in book tips” as you share books to find ideas, conversation-starters, and questions that keep your child engaged and build their early reading skills.
• Find fun, easy, and educational videos and activities you can do with your child using what you already have at home.
• Check out our top book recommendations for your child’s age. Use our “Do, Discuss, Discover” tips to learn how sharing these books and connecting them to simple activities can build your child’s skills and help get them ready for school.
• Find quality books, activities, and videos in English, Spanish, or bilingually.
Make Way for Books, a nonprofit organization, has more than two decades of experience helping children read and succeed, and helping families prepare their children for school. Our activities are based on early learning standards and are designed specifically to build your child’s early reading skills.
Dear friends, we have released an updated version of the app that includes several big changes! We hope that you enjoy the following new features:
First, we have created a new tutorial to help new users explore what the app can do and to help you navigate changes to the layout of the app.
Second, the app is now organized into sections by age range, so you'll find books and activities organized into Infant, Toddler, and Preschool sections. Books and activities you mark "done" or "loved" will show up in "Our page."
Third, we now have a "Download" feature for our Read Now books, so that you can save them to your device and share them during those times when you may not have a good data or wifi signal.
Finally, our settings page is much simpler to use. We have also added lots of new books, content, and video throughout the app. Activities with video are now highlighted separately from activities that do not have video.
We are always trying to make this app the best it can be, and we hope that it helps you have many loving interactions with your children around books.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
iPhone 11 problem
The app does it open up in iPhone 11. After I just downloaded it for the first time.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.