Create your own custom map with MapChart.
Simple to use for making a variety of maps, like statistical, alternative history, or travel maps. Get a high quality map with a few taps:
- Choose from regions/countries like the World Map, Europe, USA States/Counties, Africa, Asia, UK and many more.
- Tap and color the map with any color you want.
- Set the map's legend with a label for what each color stands for.
- Customize the map's background, borders, legend position or size, and more.
- Preview your map and download or share it easily. Use it in your project, blog post, social media or just share it with your friends.
The #1 map-making website, visited by thousands of users daily, now available in the App Store.
Editable maps include:
- World maps
- Europe, Africa, the Americas, Asia, Oceania
- USA states/counties/congressional districts
- Subdivision maps (counties, provinces, etc.)
- Historical maps (1815, 1880, 1914, 1938, World War I, World War II)
- Single country maps (UK, Italy, France, Germany, Spain and 20+ more)
- Fantasy maps (Westeros and Tamriel)
Save and keep your maps on your device with the Save/Restore map configurations feature.
Premium versions with a one-time purchase. Lifetime access for features like:
- Dark theme.
- Unlimited saved configurations.
- No ads version.
Map-making done right. Use MapChart and make any kind of map you want easily.
• Various improvements to the user interface.
• New map! A complete map of Romania's subdivisions (counties, communes, cities, and municipalities) is now available!
• World Subdivisions and Asia Detailed: renamed Dəvəçi_AZ to Şabran_AZ.
• Europa Universalis IV: split Slesvig province to Slesvig and Fyn and fixed name of Cabo Verde.
• Europe: fixed borders between Wales and England when the 'Split the UK' option is activated.
• Germany: fixed issue with coloring Bremen.
Ratings and Reviews
Legitimately the best app
This is legit the best app for this sort of thing that is also free. I am one of those people who could look at a map all day and not get bored so when I found MapChart online years ago I got really excited. Now that I have the app on both iPhone and iPad I am surprised that it actually works surprisingly better than I thought it would. Considering how most apps like this are hard to operate on smaller devices, I found the app to work just as good if not better.
The one thing I DO NOT LIKE is that when I am working on a map and I log out or close the app, when I come back later the map is erased. I have had multiple maps delete themselves. While this problem shouldn’t bother most people with s small, quick project that they finish in one sitting, it can be really frustrating when a full map gets deleted because you didn’t save it. Hours of work gone and I don’t know where to get it back. Oh well. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I feel like the app shouldn’t delete these things so easily. There is the option to save your map but that hasn’t worked for me and it doesn’t seem to allow you to re-edit the map after you have saved it, or even access it. I give this app 5 stars because of how easy it is to use but I would have to take away points for this one broken feature.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your 5-star review and the kind words!
There is an autosave feature, that keeps track of your progress while editing your map. Then, when you use the same map again, you can restore your progress using Actions > Restore Configuration > autosave > Restore.
This should be working, even if you close the app or put it in the background. If you are still facing this issue, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org, so I can further troubleshoot it.
Best Customizable World Map for Mobile
Got to say, I love this, there is just endless possibilities that you could do and there are so many things you could use it for, whether it’d be projects, groups, or just for yourself. I enjoy the many different settings and customizations that you could add to make it fit for your taste and how well it was made.
Although one suggestion, possibly add the ability to customize borders a little more detailed? For example, let’s say I select World Map 1938, Yugoslavia invaded a little piece of Italy, Greece, and Bulgaria. Now yes, Yugoslavia is screwed 😅, but in terms of borders, I can only color the entire country. Also same thing if the country captures smaller than the actual province itself (because of war, revolt, etc.)
Other than that I still think that the app is amazing and that the creator is doing a nice job!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your 5-star review and the map suggestions!
Great app but minor mistake
Hey guys! So I like this app, and I would like to suggest a feature and also a minor change you need to make. So the feature I would like to see is an option to color a map in a projection like dymaxion, which is a map projection where every country is rendered to scale with each other and there is no or minimal distortion. I like comparing country sizes and stuff for fun, so being able to color a map like this would be a nice addition.
The mistake you need to fix is that in the “world map-cold war” map type, where you can move the slider to difernt years, when it is set to 1991, the Soviet Union is replaced with the countries it dissolved into, but the Soviet Union dissolved at the very very end of 1991 (December 16th-26th), so I think it would be more accurate to make this happen when it its set to 1992 instead of 1991. I know that late December 1991 is still technically 1991, but it’s so close to the end of the year, it just doesn’t feel right to me. So please make this change if you can. It’s a minor change, but it would be nice.
If you do either, or even both, of these things, that would make me upgrade my review from 4 to a full 5 stars because other than these two things, it is a great app and you guys are doing a great job!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Minas Giannekas
- 156.3 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Minas Giannekas
- In-App Purchases
- MapChart Premium Max $8.99
- MapChart Premium $4.99
- MapChart Premium to Max $2.99