MapleRead is an advanced versatile ebook reader app with plenty of useful customization options.
There are 3 editions, namely SE, CE and CX.
SE: EPUB & PDF reader + server
CE: EPUB reader
CX: Limited edition of CE, yet usable as a companion to calibre
* SE and CE can run side-by-side via split-view multitasking
* Easily transfer books, themes and scenes to SE or CE via SE's server
* Sync data among SE, CE editions running on iPad and iPhone
[Please visit our website to see more details and screenshots.]
READ BOOKS IN EYE-PLEASING STYLES
- Read DRM-free and password-free EPUB books in 3 book styles of your choice:
Classic Book, Modern Book, Modern Scroll
- Choose or create your favorite themes with
over 30 beautiful built-in day and night themes and Theme Editor
- Enhance book page layout on top of publisher's style with user's override over
font, text layout control, page layout control, paragraph numbering and more
- Look up words, translate sentences, mark pages, speak text and mark text with notes
- Navigate across the pages conveniently in multiple ways with
anchor button, two-level page slider, fast full text search and more
- Gesture control some common actions
- Import your favorite fonts
- Read also EPUB 3.0 books designed for vertical-writing and right-to-left languages
ORGANIZE & SEARCH BOOKS
- Present the subset of browsable (visible) books using the bottom toolbar with
4 presentation styles and 13 sorting orders
- Choose the subset of browsable books using the top toolbar with a combination of
(subject) tags, (book) sets and keyword search (title, author or series)
- Manage book sets with tools that give you user-defined book sets and more
- Manage tags with tools including the tag pool and more
- Modify individual book attributes (metadata or book info) including its cover image
- Enjoy beautiful bookshelf in portrait or landscape orientation with
built-in bookshelf background scenes, Scene Editor and more
EXCHANGE BOOKS & METADATA
- Exchange is a multi-tabbed view where you can get your books in and out in many different ways
- Websites View is usually where you download from external book sources with
built-in links to OPDS catalogs and HTML webpages, user-defined links,
smart batch download, calibre support, Dropbox support and more
- iTunes View enables file transfer via USB from and to your PC
- Queue View keeps track of files transferred from Websites or iTunes
- PC Upload View enables importing multiple files at a time from your PC via Wi-Fi
ORGANIZE & SEARCH NOTES
- Mark notes that are overlappable and assigned with one of five levels of priority
that are distinguishable independent of highlight colors of themes
- Edit a single note in Note Editor
- Manage multiple notes in Note List View and its companion, Library Notes View with
user-defined note lists to keep track of different kinds of notes, that can be
exported and shared
- Import a note file automatically as a new note list so as not to mingle with your existing notes
- Search notes by quotation or comment
- Fix a regression bug
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but one small thing...
I would buy the full version of this app to do all my reading of PDFs and ebooks if one thing changed. I know it’s silly, but in the classic book view in landscape, it still shows the two columns of text as one page. I want it to show to facing pages, one for each column of text, just like a real book (like the original iBooks). Once that feature arrives, I’ll purchase the SE version and never look back.
Great ePub Reader!
Being an avid reader, I routinely look for newer and better software to enhance the experience, but I keep coming back to Maple. Using Calibre’s opds server function, the link up between my laptop where the ebooks arrive and my phone where the ebooks are read is smooth and fast. There are enough options for font, size, layout, background, overall look of the app, how pages are turned, etc. to please anyone and the controls for them are quick and easy. There are lots of options for sorting and viewing multiple books so I can quickly find whatever I want from 3000+ titles. Navigation within books is easy and you can set bookmarks. Good, responsive support from the developer. Both thumbs up!
Unethical, stay away from this app
There used to be a limit on how many books i can read (may be 3?). Now I am unable to open the only 2 books i have in this app! Haha unbelievable! Such a stupid decision! I was really considering purchasing the app but not anymore. I'll look elsewhere. Idk how they attract new customers with such attitude.
By the way, they offer you to send the books to another app but there's a catch. You lose all annotations you made by doing so. So either you pay and purchase their app or you lose all highlights. 5 dollars for the full app isn't much but you don't deserve any penny.
Developer Response ,
You can now import, open and read 3 books (as of v4.2) of your own to completely test out our EPUB reader, in addition to importing an unlimited number of books in many ways.
Why were you so angry in an unproportional way? Perhaps bad-mouthing this app per se somehow pleased you. Oh well, find another app you like and be calm and happy!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MAPLEPOP LLC
- 27.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2016-2022 Maplepop LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade $4.99