MapleRead is an advanced versatile ebook reader app with plenty of useful customization options.
There are 3 editions, namely SE, CE and CX.
SE: EPUB & PDF reader + server
CE: EPUB reader
CX: Limited edition of CE, yet usable as a companion to calibre
* SE and CE can run side-by-side via split-view multitasking
* Easily transfer books, themes and scenes to SE or CE via SE's server
* Sync data among SE, CE editions running on iPad and iPhone
[Please visit our website to see more details and screenshots.]
READ BOOKS IN EYE-PLEASING STYLES
- Read DRM-free and password-free EPUB books in 3 book styles of your choice:
Classic Book, Modern Book, Modern Scroll
- Choose or create your favorite themes with
over 30 beautiful built-in day and night themes and Theme Editor
- Enhance book page layout on top of publisher's style with user's override over
font, text layout control, page layout control, paragraph numbering and more
- Look up words, translate sentences, mark pages, speak text and mark text with notes
- Navigate across the pages conveniently in multiple ways with
anchor button, two-level page slider, fast full text search and more
- Gesture control some common actions
- Read also EPUB 3.0 books designed for vertical-writing and right-to-left languages
ORGANIZE & SEARCH BOOKS
- Present the subset of browsable (visible) books using the bottom toolbar with
4 presentation styles and 13 sorting orders
- Choose the subset of browsable books using the top toolbar with a combination of
(subject) tags, (book) sets and keyword search (title, author or series)
- Manage book sets with tools that give you user-defined book sets and more
- Manage tags with tools including the tag pool and more
- Modify individual book attributes (metadata or book info) including its cover image
- Enjoy beautiful bookshelf in portrait or landscape orientation with
built-in bookshelf background scenes, Scene Editor and more
EXCHANGE BOOKS & METADATA
- Exchange is a multi-tabbed view where you can get your books in and out in many different ways
- Websites View is usually where you download from external book sources with
built-in links to OPDS catalogs and HTML webpages, user-defined links,
smart batch download, calibre support, Dropbox support and more
- iTunes View enables file transfer via USB from and to your PC
- Queue View keeps track of files transferred from Websites or iTunes
- PC Upload View enables importing multiple files at a time from your PC via Wi-Fi
ORGANIZE & SEARCH NOTES
- Mark notes that are overlappable and assigned with one of five levels of priority
that are distinguishable independent of highlight colors of themes
- Edit a single note in Note Editor
- Manage multiple notes in Note List View and its companion, Library Notes View with
user-defined note lists to keep track of different kinds of notes, that can be
exported and shared
- Import a note file automatically as a new note list so as not to mingle with your existing notes
- Search notes by quotation or comment
- Enable web access to synced data via web browsers from desktop and mobile devices
- Sync data across your devices running SE, CE editions via secure cloud connection
- Sync reading positions, notes, vocab and bookmarks of books
- Enable flexible resolution of potentially multiple reading positions from synced devices
- Guarantee deterministic sync results
- Add the switch “Apply to Theme” for day/night (light/dark) appearances
- Add the popup menu item “Report Bugs...” for book-specific bug reporting
- Auto-copy as the new cover image when you copy from Google Image after tapping Cover Image button in Book Info Edit View
- Increase the size of Description Edit View in Book Info View
- Fix bugs and improve stability
Ratings and Reviews
Needs fixing fast
I sent a sample publication of the problem over 2 weeks ago in regards to this problem and it still has not been fixed.
I have used this app since October 2019. The last couple of weeks I noticed if you click on the asterisk in certain publications it does not take you to the footnotes and items that are in separate boxed in publications such as questions or links to take you to other items in books No LONGER WORK. Could please fix this. I just wasted my money upgrading to the new SE version thinking that would work and it’s the same problem.
Developer Response ,
No, we haven't received any email from you. Please email again.
Aug 23, 2020: As we understand from what you said, the bug is specific to some EPUB books. Unfortunately, we can't reproduce the bug. It would be much easier to reproduce and then fix the bug, if you could send us one such example EPUB file. Would you mind doing this?
As advertised in our app description, even though SE has more features, CE and SE have identical features (and bugs) as far as EPUB is concerned. We understand that you just want to get your problem solved by paying a bit more. Apparently, it didn't work out that way. But it's not supposed to work that way in the first place. In all likelihood, any EPUB bug is common to both CE and SE, as they share the same code base.
The User Interface is a bit counter-intuitive, but once I figured it all out, I found a lot to like. Definitely worth a try if you're looking for a full-featured ereading app. It would be nice to have more control over margins and headers/footers, though. P.S. The new sync capabilities in 1.6 are a welcome improvement, but why a different app for iPhone and iPad?
Menus do not work on smaller phones
Many of the options in the menus do not work on my iPone SE. For instance it is impossible to change the the tap options. Very few of the menus work in landscape mode on a phone.
Developer Response ,
With v3.3 of the app, the menus should display and work properly now on smaller iPhone models such as iPhone SE and iPhone 5s. Please confirm. Thanks.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MAPLEPOP LLC
- 27.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2014-2021 Maplepop LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Small Gratuity $0.99
- Gratuity Level 2 $1.99
- Gratuity Level 5 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.