MarginNote 3, all brand new e-reader to better study and digest your books
Integrating powerful tools for book annotation, mindmapping, flashcards and more, to build up your reading notes as never before.
Welcome to MarginNote. This is a highly powerful reading and study software and is applicable to Mac, iPad, and iPhone. By integrating the PDF/EPUB reader and multiple powerful study tools, MarginNote will enable learners to reorganize and connect knowledge from different aspects, then memorize and grasp it accordingly.
Whatever your profession, such as student, educator, researcher, lawyer, or life-long learner, you may annotate and take notes through MarginNote, organize notes via Mindmap and Outline, connect knowledge horizontally via Hashtag and raise memory effect via the Flashcards.
You will discover what MarginNote does is not to simply integrate these tools. Instead, it combines them deeply and skillfully, which makes it easier for users to toggle between different tools.
What’s New in MarginNote 3
* New and Clean UI Completely redesigned.
* Improved performance and Running more smoothly
* Support both Document Reading mode & Study Reading mode.
* Excerpts & Note-taking
* Enhanced Handwriting support.
* Support TextBox on PDF.
* Support direct text-typing & sketching when editing note cards.
* Support Auto OCR when excerpting on scanned PDFs.
* Emphasis & Cloze
* Support direct emphasis in powerful Emphasis mode both on PDF or Outline.
* Support auto convert emphasis to Cloze in CardDeck.
* Support creating Image-Occlusion flashcards.
* Support both document tabs & split views to switch between documents.
* Auto grouping new excerpts by Document Table of Contents.
* Support new brach display mode: Framework.
* Swipe/Drag gestures to slide in/out Outline & Documents in Study mode.
* Enhanced grouped cut/paste, drag to merge,.. etc.
* Improved search and displaying keywords in results.
* Improved styles.
* View Flashcards in MindMap mode and Document mode.
* Enhanced Anki Export: Card styles, Image occlusions, Cloze
* Enhanced Research web browser.
* iCloud Sync
* Fixed several design issue in previous versions.
* More stable & improved performance.
* Separate categories for Document, Study and Review.
* Recover data from Trash and make data more safe.
* 14-days free trial.
MarginNote 2.X features:
- Support PDF and EPUB format;
Annotating and NoteTaking:
- Support text highlight and rectangular highlight;
- Add notes directly at the page margin; the note editing area will not overlap with the book content at all;
- Text, voice, picture, sketching and many other forms of comments in note;
- Add hashtags to notes to facilitate the connection of notes;
Outline and Mindmap:
- Outline and Mindmap in one view;
- Create Outline tree by swipe gestures;
- Multi-selection editing such as group, merge, clone, etc;
- Quick searching and filtering according to colors, hashtags, books.
- Highlights and notes can be automatically turned into flashcards for review;
- Spaced repetition adopting the Anki-based algorithm;
- Switch to the linking book page at any time;
Import, Export and Sync:
- Import webpages and notes from Evernote;
- Export flashcards to Anki;
- Export Outline to OmniOutliner;
- Export Mindmap to iThoughts or MindManager;
- Export to Evernote;
- Export all the margin notes, MindManager, Outline and related PDF/EPUB to a printable PDF;
- Sync books¬es with iCloud;
Feel free to drop us a line!
Fixed the issue that many users were experiencing with not being able to cloud sync, or the cloud sync was very slow.
Fixed the issue where links on some PDF pages were not clickable.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Insanely confusing but... awesome
As a medical student, I am constantly searching for the "best app" for note taking. This app is able to do so much more than any other app I have ever used and yet, it's not well known. Tbh, I think this is likely due to the complete and utter lack of instruction. I consider myself well above average when it comes to computer competency and this app still took me FOREVER to understand. They have a video series explaining some features but it just barely scrapes the surface of what this app can do. It is a PDF editor, mind-mapping tool, that can generate flashcards (that can be added directly to anki) & perform screen grabs of anything, use OCR to convert to text, and it can even perform research (google, medscape, etc.)... this app is incredible but it is incredibly complex to use. I would rate it lower for that simple fact but I want others to know its potential and hopefully persuade the developers to address their one flaw and produce a legitimate instructions manual.
Upgraded from 2.7 to 3 failed
Having purchased the Margin Note Pro, I was initially excited about the new version. I immediately bought the IOS version and started to import all my pdf’s into version 3.
After sometime, the MAC version came out and I quickly installed. But what a disaster. The upgrade verifiation consistenty fails despite mutiple un-installs and re-installs per a brief email from their support team. In despiration I even posted this problem on their twitter feed and received no feedback.
Now the trial license has expired. And at $44 its not worth upgrading in light of this experience. As a result I’ve abandoned the use of the 3.x product on my iPad in favor of Liquid Text.
Downloaded the app and it looks like something I could really use. Unfortunately, I can not figure out how to use it and I am fairly computer savy. There is no manual as many in the forum have complained about for over a year. No developer should ever release an app without a manual available. There is no help on the website other than videos that go at a breakneck pace so you can't even follow them. I don't like watching videos to learn. I need to be able to read directions. The developers apparently speak Mandarin and have not made an English manual and the translations of what help is there is very confusing. I am not spending hours combing forums to figure out how to even get started. A free trial is no good if it takes longer than 14 days to even get started. I got frustrated and have deleted the app. This isn't normal for me since I take the time to master the apps I use including other apps with steep learning curves like Scrivener. If there is no manual you don't get my money, which is too bad because this looks like a powerful and useful app. Bu I won't ever use it because I need a workflow now.
- Sun Min
- 168.1 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Copyright © 2020 Beijing YunSi Software Technology Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- 14 days Free Trial
- Unlock Full $46.99
- Upgrade Full $26.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.