The MarketWatch app for iPhone and iPad delivers the latest business news, financial information and market data to your fingertips.
Download the MarketWatch app for:
- Breaking news stories, videos, and in-depth analysis
- Latest market data, including: index movements, stock prices, and other key securities information
- Receive market-moving alerts on your mobile device
MarketWatch features include:
- Business News & Analysis
* Latest stock market, finance, business and investing news from MarketWatch
* Article headlines and images are featured along with real-time market data for each relevant ticker
* Personal finance, investing, technology, politics, energy, retail and retirement planning news and insights.
* Top Stories bar is interactive and gives access to a fully customizable drop-down menu featuring other news channels (e.g. U.S. Markets, Investing, Personal Finance)
- Market Data
* Market data center with access to stocks, commodities, rates, currencies — all updated in real time
* Detailed stock quote pages with key trading information and interactive charts from across major global markets
* Track stock market data over a variety of date ranges and regions (U.S., Europe, Asia) for a more comprehensive understanding of the markets
* Track your stock picks and see related MarketWatch stories to stay up-to-date on your investments
* Sync your Watchlist. The MarketWatch app syncs with MarketWatch.com, allowing registered MarketWatch users to track stocks on the go. You can add multiple personalized watchlists, which can be viewed at any time across devices and platforms
- Article Sharing and Saving Capabilities
* Save stories to read them at a time that is more convenient for you
* Instantly share stories via social media, text message and email or save them for later viewing
Thanks for using MarketWatch!
In this version:
- optimization and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Obscured but respectable
I am using this app as a student for the virtual stock market game, so apologies if my review does not meet the standard of what others may use for this app.
Firstly even for using it for the stock market game, selecting it simply brings me to the internet version of the site, ironically the better option! With my main drive for even installing the app in the first place down the drain I will say simply navigating trough the app and using it as a regular was very..... very ok. It seemed to be unoptimized for iPhoneX and up which caused a few UI issues, but I looked away from those and relied strictly on content. This app just overall seems overtaken completely by the web client version and beyond, more or less just a show that you have the app. For recreational usage and “a regular experience” however... it manages to barley get the job done. Some strange user interface glitches and hassles at times, but delivers exactly what it shows; nothing more nothing less. An app that I would probably recommend to a curious individual or someone who needs it as a quicker alternative to the web version, but should not be overlooked from its difficulties. Long term usage should opt one to go web client rather than the app.
Sadly, this is a fantastic app with alot of letdowns. Firstly, I can’t access the virtual market even when I have logged out, restarted my phone and the app, etc. Im wondering if this is a long standing issue or if its a bug from one of the nee updates.
Secondly, the user interface is buggy and sometimes unresponsive. The pull tabe on the left often freezes for me, even though it is not a device issue (I don’t have freezes on any other application).
Lastly, the performance issues. Some information is almost never up to date! Some stock values are not what the official stock market says it is. The charts are often unresponsive, and it took me several tries to load the stock news (kept saying it wouldn’t load - checked my internet and all the pizzaz too).
I give this app three stars because I see its potential, but I don’t see quality or improvement. I will still keep using the browser version (please - try to make your app just as good as the web version!!) bc I enjoy the news, info, and stock charts all in one neat location. Fix your app!
Just Plain Bad
This app is awful - first off, you can’t get all the index pricing information that the desktop version has. Where’s the crypto tab? Secondly, the UX is awful - placing your finger on the screen for even an instant (to stop scrolling for example) is interpreted as a click on an article. Then guess what, you have to go back to your previous article and re-click the stupid “read more” button again. Same thing happens when you scroll left to right - the article or table you’re reading will interpret that as a full swipe, and you’ll be taken back to the homepage mid-article. I’m shocked the team hasn’t fixed this yet.
Finally, this isn’t about the app, but just your content in general - can you tell the content team to ax Moneyish asap? That is the worst set of articles ever...I mean, I get you’re trying to appeal to millennials (who, given the types of stuff you’re posting on there, must not understand a darn thing about finance), but maybe it’s time for them to read real market and stock related material for a change? You guys don’t have to dumb it down so much with these pseudo finance articles...the market is fun to read about as is. Thanks.
- Dow Jones & Company, Inc., publisher of The Wall Street Journal.
- 59.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.