The Ultimate mate in 1 move chess puzzle app!
Sharpen your chess skills with Mate in 1 Puzzles! Beginners and experienced players will enjoy solving these chess problems!
This app has over 180 interactive chess problems ranging from easy to harder puzzles that will challenge you and help improve your chess skills. The object is to finish each game by forcing a checkmate in 1 move. The puzzles consist of a large number of classical puzzles collected from a variety of sources. These puzzles are fun to play and can be enjoyed at your leisure on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Mate in 2 chess problems are especially useful for learning to play chess or anyone wanting to improve their skills.
New features added in Version 2.0 include:
- Completely revamped chess engine that is much stronger
- Timing clock is displayed while you are working on each puzzle. How long you take to solve a puzzle is stored.
- New options: more chess piece sets (total of 7) and more colors schemes (total of 7) including wood and marble. (Improved the options menu as well)
- Social Gaming: Leaderboards to compare the number of puzzles you have solved with your friends and other players. Facebook integration - including the ability to post your progress and ask your friends for help on a puzzle.
- Universal app - works on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad - high resolution graphics all around (where supported).
For even more chess puzzle challenges check out these apps:
- Mate in 2 Puzzles
- Mate in 3 Puzzles
- Mate in 4+ Puzzles
- Dark Mode support
- Support for all new iPhone and iPad screen resolutions (+ MacOS Apple Silicon ready)
- iOS 14 compatibility improvements
- Bug fixes
- iOS 12+ required for this update
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works great! Very helpful!
The app works wonderfully and this has been very helpful in helping me recognize various different patterns that I might have previously missed!
Works great for me!
But I hope, in a future update that I will be able to turn my iPad sideways to use this app.
Mate in 1
It improved my game, I noticed I patterns that I never considered before!
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.