Your child will love practicing their grade 1 math skills with this fun and engaging game. This game is aligned with the Common Core State Standards.
Studies show that practice is the most important factor in developing strong math skills. Our play based approach to learning keeps your child eager to practice. We play test our apps to make sure they are fun enough to play repeatedly. The focus is on mastering skills through practice. Hints are available to help your child learn different techniques for solving problems.
Children will learn and master the following skills
- Add and subtract within 20 (1.OA.A.1)
- Count to 120, starting at any number less than 120 (1.NBT.A.1)
- Understand multiples of 10 (1.NBT.C.5)
- Compare two two-digit numbers (1.NBT.B.3)
- Add within 100 (1.NBT.C.4)
- Find 10 more or 10 less than the number (1.NBT.C.5)
- Subtract multiples of 10 from multiples of 10 (1.NBT.C.6)
- Relate counting to addition and subtraction (1.OA.C.5)
- Add three whole numbers whose sum is less than or equal to 20 (1.OA.A.2)
- Apply properties of operations as strategies to add and subtract (1.OA.B.3)
- Understand subtraction as an unknown-addend problem (1.OA.B.4)
- Determine the unknown whole number in an addition or subtraction equation (1.OA.D.8)
- Use objects, drawings, and equations with a symbol for the unknown number (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.A.2)
- Understand the meaning of the equal sign (1.OA.D.7)
- Understand that the two digits of a two-digit number represent amounts of tens and ones. (1.NBT.B.2)
- Understand that 10 can be thought of as a bundle of ten ones (1.NBT.B.2.A)
- Understand that the numbers from 11 to 19 are composed of a ten and ones (1.NBT.B.2.B)
Your child will help a monkey collect bananas in a jungle. Most bananas are collected by solving math problems. Other bananas are collected through simple game play. The game includes a high score feature. This provides motivation for your child to improve. Higher scores are achieved by answering correctly. This provides incentive to focus on getting the correct answer.
Educational hints are always available. They include different techniques for solving problems.
- No third party advertising
- No external links
- No in-app purchases
- No push notifications
- No personal information collected
We take your privacy seriously
Let us know if you need help, have a question, have a suggestion, or just want to say hello.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun way to practice grade appropriate math skills
My first Grader is enjoying this app which gets her to practice the kinds of problems she is doing in her Go Math program at school. I like how it gets her out of skill and drill worksheet environment into a playful landscape with a monkey. Nice job tying to CCSS.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Little Big Thinkers Inc.
- 219.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © 2016 Little Big Thinkers Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.