Children love spelling in this engaging 'build and spell' game. Parents love how easy it is to add custom word lists and see children's progress. It's great for weekly spelling lists, learning new vocabulary, and spelling bee practice. Ages 4-8.
In the Little Big Car Factory, players become super spelling car designers! After selecting a vehicle to customize, they will spell words to gain access into each of the Design Labs at the factory. They will select from a variety of flashy paint designs, snazzy wheels, fun decals, and groovy radio tunes before taking it out for a spin on a non-violent race course that is different every time.
The simple, uncluttered interface makes it easy to set up word lists for your children. You can also add context sentences and record your own pronunciations.
- Players learn words progressively through 3 levels of difficulty
- Add your own word lists (as many as you want)
- Add multiple player profiles
- SEE, HEAR, SPELL method provides a holistic exposure to words and supports different learning styles
- Adaptive Assistance technology presents the player's 'tricky words' more often over time
- Accommodates word lists for any language with left-to-right letter order
- Voice record option for accurate pronunciations
- Computer voice for words that you don't record yourself
- Context sentences can be entered/recorded for each word
- Reward system that recognizes the child's improvement, hard work, and persistence by unlocking more design options over time
- Includes 12 built-in lists (for instant play and previewing the game flow)
- Choose to create a 'Full-Feature' word list or a 'Quick List' (for time-pressed parents)
- Player Reports indicate progress over time and tricky words
- High re-playablity
- Secure Grown-ups Area
WHAT PLAYERS LOVE
- Earning new vehicles, paints, decals, wheels, and radio tunes
- Racing your own car on race courses that change every time
- See which words you’ve improved on and mastered, and which ones require more practice
- Learn your spelling words while playing a fun game
GOOD TO KNOW
- Be sure to set up your child's profile & word lists on the device they'll be using. Player profile data & lists cannot be shared with other devices at this time.
- Word lists can include up to 24 words each
- Individual words can be up to 14 characters
- The device reads the word in the absence of a recording (iOS 7 and above only)
- Add new language keyboards to your device in (Device)Settings > General > Keyboards
- This app is designed to help kids learn and practice new words. Since it is not a testing app, we have not included the option to disable the player's [spelling] Help button on the basis that repeatedly seeing and hearing the word will contribute to their learning.
KNOW WHAT’S INSIDE
* There are external links within the secured Grown-Ups area.
* No third party advertising
* No in-app purchases
* No push notifications
* We never collect any personal information. This app tracks usage data (using Flurry Analytics) to help us improve the user experience. All data is aggregated and completely anonymous. You may easily opt-out by visiting www.flurry.com/resources/privacy.html
Little Big Thinkers Inc. is a member of Parents With Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Improved the speed of the built-in voice
Fix layout bug on reward screen for iPad
Ratings and Reviews
A+ Grade from the teacher!
This is the best app I have ever seen or used with my classroom. I had kids who are really struggling with the spelling words that our school system uses. When we started using Car Factory, the kids wanted to practice their words all the time. Getting to make their own cars and adding all the special features made it highly motivating for them. And the icing on the cake was when they were able to drive their car and collect coins. This app is absolutely amazing and I even intend on using it with some vocabulary this year as well. Thank you so much for your quality app. I would love to be able to sync my devices so I could see my kids progress all in one place. But, As long as they are practicing and loving learning, I consider this a win! You rock!
Two of my children really struggled with spelling. I tried every app and phonics program out there. Nothing clicked. Then I came across this app and the results were immediate and amazing. My son is now at the top of his class and loves to read and write. My daughter went from failing to an “A”. As mother to watch your child struggle is heart breaking, but to watch them not just succeed but to do it with great joy is an amazing feeling that can not be described! This app is the only app that I found that not only allows you to customize their spelling lists but it also engages the child in a way that gets them wanting to learn more!!! Get this app. You will not regret it !!!
Honestly, I don't normally review products or apps. However, I am compelled to rate and review this app. My daughter was having a tremendous issue with her spelling. We had tried many, many programs and even different after school tutoring. The fact you can add your own list and sentences in your own voice is a huge benefit. She is currently in 3rd grade and was failing spelling. She now averages A's and B's (an honest high C on a rare occasion) on her spelling tests. The only change has been adding this app to our daily studying practice. I can attribute her success to two things...her commitment to getting better, and this app!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Little Big Thinkers Inc.
- 104.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Little Big Thinkers Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.