MathBoard supports iCloud Syncing, as well as Text to Speech, Speech Input, the Apple Pencil, Apple Magic Keyboard, Split Views and more.
MathBoard now supports iCloud Syncing, along with a host of other newer technologies, like Text to Speech as well as Speech Input, the Apple Pencil, Apple Magic Keyboard, Slide Over and Split Views and more.
MathBoard® is a highly configurable math app appropriate for all school aged children. Beginning in kindergarten, with simple addition and subtraction problems, through elementary school where learning multiplication and division can be a real challenge. MathBoard will allow you to configure the app to best match the abilities of your individual child/student.
More than just standard drills, MathBoard encourages students to actually solve problems, and not just guess at answers. This is done by providing multiple answer styles, as well as a scratchboard area where problems can be worked out by hand. Students can also turn to MathBoard's Problem Solver for further help. This powerful teaching feature walks students through the steps required to solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division equations. Additionally, the included quick reference tables serve as a valuable learning tool.
Math Activities. These activities include Find the Sign, Equality/Inequality, and Match Math (a memory game). Each activity is based upon the current settings level, so the difficulty will vary based on the student’s knowledge.
WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY:
“This is the best integer practice app or program I have found in 34 years of teaching math.”- Tim Seiber, Math Teacher
“MathBoard has charm without losing track of its fundamental purpose (Arithmetic drills).” - MacWorld (4 out of 5 mice)
“MathBoard is a stunning app for teaching addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems. The number of customization options available makes this a brilliant app for making math fun for elementary school children.” - androapple
- Random equation generation for Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Squares, Cubes, and Square Root problems.
- Number ranges are configurable, including the ability to require certain numbers to be in each problem and the ability to omit negative answers.
- Number and order of displayed digits can be limited, allowing for equations to conform to certain learning levels (e.g. 2 digit numbers over 1 digit numbers).
- Generates simple equations, as well as single step algebraic equations. (e.g. 6+x=12; x-8=2; 5x=25).
- Intelligent problem and "wrong answer" generation makes guessing more difficult.
- Includes both multiple choice, as well as, fill in the blank style questions.
- Activities and quizzes can be timed, either as a countdown timer or elapsed time.
- Equation configuration settings can be saved for future use as well as shared with others.
- Multiple student profiles are supported. Includes the ability to save, review, and share the results for activities and quizzes with others.
- Problem Solver will outline the steps needed to solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems.
- In addition to standard drills, activities are included (Find the Sign, Equality/Inequality and Match Math).
- Quick reference math tables for counting, addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
- iCloud (syncing) support.
- Support for Slide Over and Split View.
- Support for the Apple Pencil.
- Keyboard commands.
Updated for iOS 15.
Additional bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Helps very much
My favorite is audio mode. You can hear the math question and then say your answer into your iPhone. Great if you want to hear and talk your answers while you’re driving. The iPad version is not as effective because you always have to repress the microphone icon after each question to activate it. -James
This is the best game in the world. I just like to play with my new game. I am so happy to have this game to play on. The game was fun and I am so happy that I have the game. I am so happy that I have the best game in the world. I am so happy that I have the best game in my life and I am so happy that I have this game for me to play. The best game in the town I play this game in the past two weeks, but myself isn’t that happy. I am so happy that I have the best game in the world. I’ll be happy to send a email to you about this game if you don’t have my email that is ok . I have a question for you Do you have a brother or sister. I just wanted to let you know I have a happy new day. The best game in the world I would like you to play this game if you can. I hope you have a good time on this game. Keep this email and I have a good time on this game if your Mom and Dad won’t let you read it tell them your best friend sent the email. The best game in the world is so good I won’t you to play it. The best game in the world is good.
Great app, clunky settings interface
The fact you can’t type in the ranges but have to hold down a button like an old fashioned digital alarm clock to set the number range, is really strange. Let me type in 423 if that’s what I want to set instead of having to scroll there.
Otherwise it’s a great app for kids to practice maths. There are no silly games or animations to distract them; their whole attention is on solving the math problem. It’s wonderfully unmontesori (sp?).
Improve the settings interface and you have my unqualified 5 start endorsement.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PalaSoftware Inc.
- 16.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11
- Copyright ©2010-21 PalaSoftware Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.