Matnet shows you how jiujitsu positions are all connected. Over 50 positions (including original artwork) have been mapped out to show you how to get from position to submission. If you're a complete beginner looking for an understanding of the big picture, this can help you see what's possible. If you've been doing jiujitsu for awhile and feel like you might have a few holes in your game, this can help you plug those holes.
Use the "Match Planner" feature to plot each individual position across an entire match and save it for later. The "Big Picture" feature shows a high-level interactive node map of all positions and their transitions.
The dream is to some day have every jiujitsu position that you can think of mapped out in this way, but the only way to get there is with lots of feedback. Check it out and see if there's anything missing--new positions and artwork are added all the time!
Here are the techniques included in Matnet so far:
1. Closed Guard (top)
2. Closed Guard (bottom)
3. Open Guard (top)
4. Open Guard (bottom)
5. Half Guard (top)
6. Half Guard (bottom)
7. Side Control (top)
8. Side Control (bottom)
9. Mount (top)
10. Mount (bottom)
11. Rear Mount (top)
12. Rear Mount (bottom)
13. Elbow Drive Guard Pass (top)
14. Double Unders Guard Pass (top)
15. Single Stack Guard Pass (top)
16. Standing Stack Guard Pass (top)
17. Knee Cut Guard Pass (top)
18. Over Under Guard Pass (top)
19. Triangle From Guard (bottom)
20. Armbar From Guard (bottom)
21. Hip Bump From Guard (bottom)
22. Clock Choke From Guard (bottom)
23. Omo Plata From Guard (bottom)
24. Guillotine From Guard (bottom)
25. Ezekiel Choke From Half Guard (top)
26. Darce Choke From Half Guard (top)
27. Guillotine From Half Guard (top)
28. Foot Wedge Half Guard Pass (top)
29. Kimura From Half Guard (top)
30. Kimura From Half Guard (bottom)
31. Hip Bump From Half Guard (bottom)
32. Triangle From Half Guard (bottom)
33. Arm Triangle From Half Guard (bottom)
34. Foot-Grab Sweep (bottom)
35. Old-School Sweep (bottom)
36. Plan-B Sweep (bottom)
37. Shaolin Sweep (bottom)
38. Air-Guitar Back Climb (bottom)
39. Guillotine From Half Guard (bottom)
40. Knee Slide Pass (top)
41. Armbar From Side Control (top)
42. Triangle From Side Control (top)
43. Lapel Choke From Side Control (top)
44. Americana From Side Control (top)
45. Inverted Triangle Choke (bottom)
46. Tornado Sweep (bottom)
47. Bridge Sweep (bottom)
48. See-Saw Sweep (bottom)
49. Americana From Mount (top)
50. Arm Triangle From Mount (top)
51. Armbar From Mount (top)
52. Triangle From Mount (top)
53. Kimura From Mount (top)
54. Omoplata From Mount (top)
55. Ezekiel Choke From Mount (top)
56. Buck And Roll (bottom)
57. Shrimp And Knee-Push (bottom)
58. Rear Naked Choke (top)
59. Armbar From Rear Mount (top)
60. Follow The Hand Escape (bottom)
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
-Optimized for iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
Quick to reference
This app is a great quick guide to what moves are available from what position. Some diagrams would be a nice touch here for improvement.
Good and bad
This app has a great concept. Being able to not only plan out a strategy, but also being able to see what moves are available from which position is also amazing as well. Thats the good.
The bad however is it seems very limited. A lot of moves and options are missing it seems. Another feature that would be cool is possibly explain the moves to get to the position of the move.
I like the app and plan to keep it, but it definitely needs improvement. If it gets better i will 5-star it and take down the bad parts of my review.
I’m not sure if this app needs to be updated but after saving a sequence, there’s no way to go back and start at the beginning again. You have to close the app and reopen it.
And then there was a sequence that I saved that… Wasn’t saved.
Looks like they need to upgrade this app. It’s too bad because it seems it could be onto something useful. I will upgrade my review if it improves.
The developer, Maxwell Timmons, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Maxwell Timmons
- 60.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2016 Maxwell Timmons