What should you do if your child develops a fever, cough, vomiting, rash, sore throat or head injury? When can your child return to school or child care after an illness? These are medical advice questions that all parents have. Health problems can arise anytime – evenings, weekends, when you’re at work or traveling or your doctor’s office is closed.
MD 4KIDS is designed especially for these times. The care guides help you make smart decisions on what level of care (if any) is needed and how to provide speedy symptom relief for minor illnesses or injuries you can manage on your own.
MD 4KIDS is derived from the clinical protocols used by pediatricians and nurses in 10,000 practices and 400 nurse advice call centers in the US. They have been tested for 15 years on more than 150 million symptom calls.
Easy 3-step navigation:
1. Choose the most appropriate symptom care guide
2. Use the symptom decision chart to find the recommended action
3. Follow the self care advice to make your child more comfortable
The care guide that best matches your child’s symptom can be located quickly by using alphabetical index, body area index, or keyword search.
Content - each symptom care guide contains:
* Definition which describes the focus of the care guide so you can decide if it’s a good fit for your problem. If not, there are quick links to related guidelines.
* Decision Chart which helps determine what action is suggested based on the severity and description of your symptom. Once you have a match, simply follow the corresponding action, such as Call 911, Call Your Child’s Doctor Now, Call Your Child’s Doctor within 24 hours or Manage at Home.
* Immediate Connections to medical help, such as 911, your child’s doctor or nearby Emergency Department (ER) are available if you have phone service.
* Home Care Advice is available for any illnesses and injuries that can be treated at home. The instructions provide clear, up-to-date steps for relieving symptoms.
* Medication and Allergy tracker for managing prescription and over-the-counter medications for your whole family.
* Pediatric dosage tables for common over-the-counter medications.
* Visual images to help you identify symptoms (e.g. rashes), injuries and common causes of bites & stings.
* First Aid topics and illustrations to support immediate action, if needed.
Disclaimer: The information provided with this Application is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment; it is for informational purposes only. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think your child may have a medical emergency, call the doctor or 911 immediately. Before using MD 4KIDS, all users should read and agree with the full Disclaimer available in the application within More > Terms and Conditions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent TRUSTABLE Resource
Created by Doctors and medical staff, this has literally every question, answer, explanation, directions and more any child caregiver could need!! Easy to consult guide with a wealth of information including symptom descriptions of when you should or should not call 911 or doctor or go to the ED, and how to try to resolve with recommendations from pediatricians. So far this hasn’t let me down!! First time mom here so I am always losing my mind over the tiniest thing. This app has calmed me down numerous times lol
Huge help for parents
This app is fantastic. We use it most frequently for the med doseage charts, and for the the suggestions for treatment and when to be seen for common illnesses. Thanks for making such a great app!
This is such a great app. It gives you helpful info on home remedies and also when to call or go into the doctor. It’s so helpful to have!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- OHSU/Doernbecher Children's Hospital
- 18.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Self Care Decisions, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.