Medicine Dictionary and Drug Guide by Farlex gives you free, instant access to in-depth information on 4,000+ prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications in a comprehensive drug dictionary trusted by doctors, nurses, and healthcare professionals. Includes clear, detailed entries covering:
Generic and brand names
+ much more…
* Search 4,000+ prescription and over-the-counter medications in a comprehensive drug guide you won't find anywhere else.
* Save unlimited bookmarks and quickly view the terms you need to access fast.
* Use native voice search to look up a word just by saying it. (With supported devices)
* See search suggestions as you type and always find what you're looking for.
* View your recent searches.
* Perform advanced searches, including "Starts with," "Ends with," "Contains," and "Wildcard."
* Adjust font size.
* Share definitions via social networks, email, and text. (With supported devices)
User-friendly, comprehensive, and authoritative: Medicine Dictionary and Drug Guide by Farlex is the perfect free drug guide for doctors, nurses, and healthcare consumers. This is NOT a preview or a trial version, and there is no "locked" content. Open the app on your iPhone or iPad and immediately access all content — no subscriptions required!
How do we do it?
TheFreeDictionary.com - Farlex apps have been downloaded tens of millions times across multiple platforms, with top ratings after hundreds of thousands of reviews. We work with the best publishers to bring together trusted content in the most comprehensive, authoritative dictionary apps on the market. Our flagship app is The Free Dictionary (TFD), powered by TheFreeDictionary.com. Find our other apps by searching "Dictionary by Farlex" in the App Store.
* Fixed bugs, including crash issue when starting without Internet connection.
Ratings and Reviews
I just downloaded this app, of course I put it to the test, just from what I know, and I can honestly say, it's very informative, gives you all the information you'll need. Easy to use, I haven't been through everything it offers, but so far, so good.
Btw, I don't usually even take the time to write these things, I thought this one was worth doing though, and the fact it's free...no-brainer for me.
This helps you to understand what the side effects are of your medication(s), especially if you're trying to conceive and want to know what medications you can take and not take as well as in general! Thank 🙏🏼 for this app!
Not complete enough
I purchased the ad free version of this app so that I could access important interaction information regarding an antidepressant medication that I take. This app had zero information available beyond a simple description of the drug. This app may be adequate for people taking the most common drugs only, but I would question its comprehensiveness regarding interactions for anything because some drugs are left out. I simply trashed it after 5 minutes of use.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that the app was not helpful for you. As we are always looking to add new sources, it is possible that more medications, and more information about each medication, will be added in the future.
- Farlex, Inc.
- 60.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 Farlex, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free upgrade $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.