Brought to you by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., Meeting Guide is a free of charge app that provides meeting information from A.A. service entities in an easy-to-access format.
Over 100,000 A.A. meetings are currently listed. The information is refreshed twice daily by relaying meeting information from more than 300 A.A. service entities; area, district, intergroup/central offices, and international General Service Office websites (some of which are listed on (A.A. Near You).
To learn how to get your local A.A. website connected, please visit our support site for A.A. web servants.
Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc. respects your privacy.
• If you choose to share your location with the app, your geographic coordinates will be transmitted, so that we can provide you the list of meetings near you when you are actively using the app.
• If you choose not to share your location, you can still find meetings by entering a location in the search bar, in which case you will receive a list of meetings near the location you entered.
•You can change your option for sharing location data by going into your Settings Privacy Location on iOS.
•The app does not keep your geolocation or search information.
•Your IP address, searches, and other usage information are collected by Matomo analytics, but only to generate aggregate data to help us improve the app.
•There is no ad-tracking on this app.
To learn more about privacy on this app click here: https://www.aa.org/privacy-app
To learn more about privacy at Matomo click here: https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/
To learn more about privacy at A.A.W.S. click here https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/terms-of-use
* Tweaked design of search screen to clear up confusion around changing location
* Larger type and better scrolling in meeting list
* Fixed a few errors that caused the app to crash in certain circumstances
* Optimized geolocation to hopefully speed up search
* Fixed problem preventing meetings being added to calendar
* Non-US distances in kilometers again
* Fixed directions link on org listings
* Brought back “View Web Page” button to meeting details (when a link is available)
* Fixed formatting issues
* Added screen for when there’s no organization coverage
* Better error handling when email, SMS, or web is not available
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
One of my favorite apps
I’ve been using this app for a couple years and suggest it to others all the time. I’m disappointed in the location search in the latest version, however. In the current version I get multiple communities in my area — this is great.
However — in the previous version, when looking for a meeting in another location and the name of a City, meetings for surrounding cities were included (i.e., an entry for Walnut Creek, CA included meetings in Concord, Pleasant Hill, Pinole, Orinda, and other cities covered by the Service Center for that area). In the latest version 3.0.28, the only hits returned are for the City input, so multiple city searches are required for meetings in surrounding communities. I don’t see a way to expand the search for +10 or 20 miles. This may not be an issue in some areas, but for many of us in multi-City areas it’s not always as easy.
Service at its finest
Beautifully implemented app, faster and easier than my Central Office web meeting look-up that uses the same data. Perfect for, among other things, my shifts on the local hotline. Thank you (from Portland)!
The folding chair icon is a bonus. It's exactly right (even though none of my current meetings use folding chairs <g>).
Two suggestions for a 5th star, based on the things I immediately looked for and wasn't able to find (but recognize they might already be there): (1) a sort-by-distance option, and (2) a pick-list for available meeting lists; currently, it seems we have to guess ("Boston" got me meetings in southern NH).
Great app with minor flaws
This is a great app that does what it’s supposed to very well. I only deduct one star because the app (for example) misses meetings that are only two miles away from me when set to current location. The meetings are technically in a different town, but still super close. Only way i can see all the meetings is if i switch between current location and specific towns. This is fine if you live in a rural area, but if you’re in a metropolitan area you miss a lot of meetings.
- Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.
- 88.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.