An Advanced Word Processor
Mellel, the most powerful word-processor for the Mac, comes to the iPad. Built for long and complex documents, Mellel allows you to create documents with style, sophistication, and consistency. What’s even better, Mellel for iPad will gradually incorporate advanced features added to its Mac counterpart.
Enjoy full compatibility: All the attributes set on Mellel for Mac are compatible and will be maintained on Mellel for iPad - and vice versa. At home with a Mac or on the top of the Mont Blanc with your iPad, you can now work on your documents, keeping your cross-references, citations, images, captions, custom auto-titles, notes and so on intact.
Power at your fingertips: Mellel supports several powerful features, allowing you to access some high-end word-processing features while enjoying the iPad ease-of-use:
• Outline: Easily navigate your entire document via the Outline.
• Auto-titles: Easily add headings to structure your document.
• Find and Replace: Find any word, anywhere in your documents.
• Track-Changes: Track changes you and others make in a document.
• Comments: Add comments to your document.
• Notes: Easily add footnotes, endnotes, author notes, and more.
• Tables: Insert and edit tables in your document.
• Word count: Count words, paragraphs, lines, notes, and more.
• Special characters: Use the Insert strip to easily insert special characters and symbols.
• Zoom: Examine details or zoom out to 4-up view, to view your entire document flow.
• Document viewer: Add, duplicate, delete, name and rename your documents.
Styling is easy: Mellel's powerful styles will allow you to style your documents on-the-fly or using styles, allowing you to maintain consistency and apply a myriad of changes all at once:
• Character: Apply character styles or set the font, font face, size and other attributes yourself.
• Paragraph: Apply paragraph styles or set the alignment, line spacing and direction yourself.
• Images: Add images to your document, and move them around.
• Text boxes: edit and manipulate text boxes.
• Lists: Start, stop, increase and decrease lists, and apply list styles.
• Section: Apply section styles to set two, three or four columns in any section of the document.
• Page: Apply page style, to change the margins, headers and footers and other attributes.
• Marking: Mark text easily and quickly.
iCloud: Turn on iCloud to make your documents automatically available on your Mac:
• Save your documents to iCloud Drive, Dropbox, and compatible storage services. from your iPad or your Mac...
• ... And easily open them in place or your iPad.
• Export files as DOCX, RTF or PDF from Mellel for iPad.
• Import files in RTF or DOCX format.
• Send your documents via eMail anywhere.
• bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Really want to like the app but have a few issues with it
The idea of having Mellel on my iPad, portable…powerful I really like. There’s a few things I think it really needs to be a better mobile writing experience (and if they exist already please let me know). 1. Ability to set keyboard shortcuts for different auto-titles, and a custom font (like body with red text), bullet, and outlines. This constant task of having to tap insert and reselect the number slows me down incredibly. 2. The mac keyboard shortcuts do not work properly to navigate lines. The very important cmd+ left arrow, or cmd+ right arrow should navigate on the current line and they do not. They jump to the top of the document, but not even the actual top (which is the purpose of cmd+ up arrow/down arrow which work as expected). 3. Proper folder support in the Documents view - no idea why there are no folders, but I just have a bunch of documents in an unorganized group. Even if I have my documents in folders they just all show in place. 4. Ability to open Mellel files as a pdf on iPhone from iCloud, or a Mellel Viewer app for iPhone… I don’t always have my iPad or computer with me so this is really essential as well. 5. Click+shift to highlight a section of test does not work as well as click and drag to highlight text. (Apple magic keyboard). If these could be fixed it would make the writing experience so much better, thanks!
Mellel doesn’t even have autocorrect! How useless is that? I’ve tried it several times and fail to see any advantages over other note-taking apps such as Apple Notes, for example. Or Microsoft Word or Apple Pages (these are excellent). Many others are way more capable than this overly-simplified one.
Terrific complement to Mellel for Mac
I use the Mac version for documents with many 'chapters' and sub-heading with a table of contents. I love it. And Mellel for IPad means that I can take my Documents with me and work on them away from home. There are two things I would like to see for this app. 1. To be able to organize several documents into one notebook or file. 2. To be able to use the system emojis in a document as well as change font colors within a document.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ori Redler
- 8.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Mellel
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.