"...a true notepad experience that may help you make a clean break from the pencil-and-paper era." -New York Times.
=== Users describe Mental Note as "the only notepad app... that's actually better than, and as simple as, a pen and paper." It's "the future of note taking", and "a big sketchpad... [to] free associate and put stuff down in any format".
Turn your iPhone or iPod touch into a digital notepad. Combine photographs, voice recordings, drawings and text - all on the same page, in any order you choose.
An idea... a flash - a moment of genius. When a thought hits, and you have to remember it, why limit how you record it? The more context and sensory details you can capture, the clearer the idea can be put down. Use photographs, audio, sketching and text together on the same page... a digital page that can be shared with anyone.
Mental Note allows you to capture ideas as they happen: use photographs, dictate, add text, sketch on anything. Ideas clarified. Creativity captured.
- Draw with your finger using multiple colours and widths on top of photographs, text, or anywhere else on the page. Zoom in to sketch fine details.
- Take a photo or choose one from your album and add it to the page.
- Add audio to the page by recording with the built-in microphone (iPhone) or an external microphone (iPod touch). Continue to edit your note while recording.
- Organize your notes using tags.
- Password protect your private notes and flag your important ones.
- Attach Calendar events to your notes.
- Undo, redo anything in the note by shaking the device.
- Delete note sections using the toolbar button or by swiping any note section.
- Move a note section by swiping and then dragging it to its new location.
- Length of a note is limited only by device memory.
- Export in a variety of formats including PDF, text, Mental Note format, and more. Send using email, iCloud, Dropbox, and more.
* Send a note in Mental Note format so the note may be imported into another person's Mental Note app.
* Using email, export a complete note directly from Mental Note as either a PDF document or a picture (each audio recording is attached to the email as a separate file; use QuickTime or another modern media player to play the attached audio). You can also email just the text from your note.
- Export your notes and backups to your iCloud and/or Dropbox account.
- Share a note with your friends using Twitter.
- Map the location a note was created at (if location services are enabled).
- Change the size and font of the text in your notes.
- Change the color and background of your notes.
- Numerous other configuration options.
- Supports all orientations.
THIS VERSION IS OPTIMIZED FOR iPhone & iPod touch. FOR iPad, PLEASE SEE Mental Note for iPad.
Read more: www.zymbiotic.com
Dark mode appearance changes, (see Mental Note settings > Dark Mode).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Please update app!!!
Love this app, and I have tons of notes on it. PLEASE UPDATE THIS APP! Ever since the new IOS/your last update, my app doesn’t open, no matter what I try. I have so many notes not backed up so I can’t just delete and reinstall without losing all my data. PLEASE update this app ASAP! Great tool with all the best features 100% would recommend
Developer Response ,
Please contact us at email@example.com and we will help. Even if the app won't open, whenever you back up your whole device (to iCloud or your computer), your notes are being backed up. Please contact us so we can get more information about the issue and help you get back into the app.
Best app for jotting down notes
This is the best app by far I have found for jotting down notes on my iPhone and iPad. You can toggle between using your finger/pogo stylus and typing in text, use different color inks, email the note to yourself, type text and then use the pen for figures/diagrams. It is very flexible. What would make it a gonzo-whopping-5-star app is handwriting recognition. If you could select say a 'graffiti' icon and then use a version of the old Palm graffiti to have it convert handwritten letters into text, then this will be the greatest productivity app for my iPhone and iPad by far. Also, if it could take advantage of the wider writing space offered when the device is in portrait mode, that would help a lot.
To whom it may concern
I want to sync these notes to my phone plus I would reset the notes it is not let me login to the notebook
Developer Response ,
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help.
- Zymbiotic Technologies
- 15.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Zymbiotic Technologies Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Paper Customization feature $0.99
- Straight Line Drawing feature $1.99
- Dark Mode Override feature $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.