Tempo, the premier metronome app for iOS is now available as this free Lite version. Tempo was featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple on the main iTunes landing page. Now you can enjoy Tempo's core features before upgrading to its full suite of features.
Tempo Lite's engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
As a special treat, we've included the Tracker Module which helps in your practices by tracking the number of bars or time played.
As opposed to purchasing Tempo, upgrading Tempo Lite nets you a dark colour scheme for the flipside views (instead of light).
Visit www.frozenape.com for demo videos.
• 8 different time signatures: 1-4/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
• 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
• Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
• Tap tempo function
• Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
• Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
• Two pendulum types, each with two animation types
• Flash whole screen
Tracker and Automator Module
• Track number of bars played or time your practice
• Coach Mode alternates between unmuted and muted bars.
• Stop playback automatically when limit reached
• Automatic adjustment of tempo every n number of bars or n amount of time
• Choose from 4 sound sets: Digital, Analog, Blip and Wooden
• Volume control and Mute button
• Classical metronome and Italian tempo markings
• Multi-tasking support: plays in background with audio from other apps
• Two interface themes: Light and Dark
Compatibility with iPhone 12 Pro Max
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great for drummers! 🥁
To be able to set up practice lists for rudiment exercises is one of the best things for me. I have various playlists set up that will take me either through a variety of beats per minute or for a set time. I also use it as a click during rehearsals. I have tried many free and a few paid apps. Tempo is the only one left on my phone. 😎
Please add play/pause w headphones
I’ve been using the app for a month now. I picked it because of the integration with the Apple Watch and now I’m going to try the paid version mainly because of the playlist mode for I gig I have. Its quite reliable, but sometimes phone and watch don’t synchronize well. It would be an outstanding app if that sync was fixed; and also if you sync the headphone’s play and pause buttons! Playing the drums doesn’t give you much personal space to hang the cellphone and coming back to it every single time is very tiring. Those details are the reason the user decides to stick to apps at the end.
Thanks for this great app
My students and I have been using this app for years. It is versatile, easy to use, and reliable, especially now in it recent stages of development. I am grateful to the developers for this app and hope that they have gotten something substantial out of its development: certainly, my musician students and I have. Greenville, South Carolina.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- 38.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Frozen Ape 2009-2017
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $2.99
- Premium Theme Pack $0.99
- Theme Editor $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.