Tempo, the premier metronome app for iOS is now available as this free Lite version. Tempo was featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple on the main iTunes landing page. Now you can enjoy Tempo's core features before upgrading to its full suite of features.
Tempo Lite's engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
As a special treat, we've included the Tracker Module which helps in your practices by tracking the number of bars or time played.
As opposed to purchasing Tempo, upgrading Tempo Lite nets you a dark colour scheme for the flipside views (instead of light).
Visit www.frozenape.com for demo videos.
• 8 different time signatures: 1-4/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
• 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
• Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
• Tap tempo function
• Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
• Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
• Two pendulum types, each with two animation types
• Flash whole screen
Tracker and Automator Module
• Track number of bars played or time your practice
• Coach Mode alternates between unmuted and muted bars.
• Stop playback automatically when limit reached
• Automatic adjustment of tempo every n number of bars or n amount of time
• Choose from 4 sound sets: Digital, Analog, Blip and Wooden
• Volume control and Mute button
• Classical metronome and Italian tempo markings
• Multi-tasking support: plays in background with audio from other apps
• Two interface themes: Light and Dark
• Fixed engine stall on returning to Tempo while earphones are in use, on older devices running iOS 13
• Other minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I like the sounds and the ability to change the subdivisions. I don’t like that you can’t rename a song in your set list... OR if you can... it’s not intuitive. I also think it’s confusing if you want to edit a song. It would be easier if they would just give you an “edit” button and a “save” button or option.
I realize there is a paid upgrade available, but it’s really annoying that I cannot open the app without going through their ads for their own upgrade. I’m a pro musician so I use my metronome app frequently but there are several with the features I need and I’m approaching the frustration level where I may make a switch. If they were less aggressive about the upgrade, I would look into it on my own time and consider it, but when it greets me multiple times throughout my practice day and gets in the way of my work it comes off the wrong way.
Great for drummers! 🥁
To be able to set up practice lists for rudiment exercises is one of the best things for me. I have various playlists set up that will take me either through a variety of beats per minute or for a set time. I also use it as a click during rehearsals. I have tried many free and a few paid apps. Tempo is the only one left on my phone. 😎
- Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- 32.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Frozen Ape 2009-2017
- In-App Purchases
- Theme Editor $0.99
- Premium Theme Pack $0.99
- Full Version $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.