Tempo is the bestselling and most accurate metronome on the App Store. Featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple on the main iTunes landing page. If you'll like to try Tempo out before purchasing, download Tempo Lite for free now.
Ever since its release, Tempo has been consistently in the top 100 of the Music category in over 30 countries, and the top paid metronome app in most countries. Tempo's engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
Tempo features an innovative interface that morphs between modes that each presents a different combination of functionalities optimized for the task at hand. Five modes are available on the iPhone: Basic, Preset, Setlist, Practice and Gig. On the iPad, Preset, Gig and Complete modes are available, the last providing access to all controls.
Visit www.frozenape.com for demo videos.
• 35 different time signatures, including compound and complex meters: 1-13/2, 1-13/4, 3/8, 5/8(2 variations), 6/8, 7/8(3 variations), 9/8, 12/8
• 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
• Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
• Tap tempo function
• Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
• Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
• Two pendulum types, each with two animation types
• Flash whole screen
• Fullscreen display mode with gesture controls
• Store presets in multiple setlists
• Advanced setlist management including search, overwriting, copying between setlists and multi-deletion
• Quick editing
• Share setlists via email
• Backup via iTunes File Sharing
Tracker and Automator
• Track number of bars played or time your practice
• Stop playback automatically when limit reached
• Up to 2 bars of voice count in
• Automatic adjustment of tempo every n number of bars or n amount of time
• Loop and auto advance through setlists
• Coach Mode alternates between unmuted and muted bars
• Choose from 14 sound sets, including one optimized for live drumming click tracks
• Voice counting
• Vibration mode
• Pan audio left, right or centered
• Volume control and mute button
• Control setlists, tempo and playback with AirTurn, iRig BlueBoard, PageFlip Cicada, headphones remote and other accessories
• Assign action to proximity sensor trigger
• Classical metronome and Italian tempo markings
• Pitch pipe for playback of all 12 chromatic pitches (calibration from A = 414 to 466 Hz)
• Multi-tasking support: plays in background, with audio from other apps
• Four color themes
• Theme Editor to create unlimited custom themes
Fixed auto stop not working in Preset mode on iPads. Added "Auto Stop Always Active" setting on iPads.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I use this all the time for practicing guitar, not just for steady pace for chord changes, picking, etc but just as an approximate measure count when just trying to get repetition.
With both the guitar & horn it's also a great help to get objective feedback on my ability to speed up the pace with a passage as I get better.
Another neat trick that I'll need another for (my wife's) I will start 2 metronomes at once to get a better feel for how, for example, eighth notes & triplets sound together - helpful when another orchestra section is playing something different.
Using this app also increases my ability to use my ear for my surrounding while playing, to better play with others during rehearsals or performances.
Finally, this has many options, & for an amateur like me it's perfect. My ability to listen and play to what I hear, i think essential for anyone who wants to play with others, absolutely improves with this.
This app works wonderfully. I used it not only as a standard metronome, but also to help myself learn three against four rhythms as well as master the syncopation in a Gershwin piece I'm learning, using the different time signatures and the different levels of accent. The ability to select exactly which beats to accent (and/or be silent) as well the different note values is invaluable to me, and has really helped me overcome my difficulties with rhythm. The interface is easy to work with, and I love the feature which allows you to tap out the desired tempo. Everything needed is right at your fingertips; it is not hard at all to make any sort of adjustment to the settings, major or minor. (Also, fiddling with the background colors is fun!)
This app is the best metronome I have ever used, and I would definitely recommend it.
Still My Favorite Metronome App
As a percussionist, I collect metronomes and metronome apps. There are some great ones out there and some not-so-great ones out there. I really like Frozen Ape’s, Tempo metronome the best for a no-nonsense, reliable, easy to use app that gets the job done exceptionally well. The simplicity of the app is brilliant, because it also has depth. Tempo 2 is more difficult to use, but may also have more “power”, but for most uses Tempo gets the job done exceptionally well.
Every time I get a new metronome, I use it for awhile to see how I like it. So far, I keep coming back to Tempo. Also, Frozen Ape actually will occasionally send out updates to fix bugs or simplify a process. Great Job!
- Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- 28.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2019 Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Theme Pack $0.99
- Theme Editor $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.