Go beyond traditional social media and play without limits, create without rules and demand the freedom to be your uncensored self. This is what happens when you join MeWe: the next-gen social network. There are No Ads. No Spyware. No BS. Express yourself, your way #OnlyOnMeWe.
- Share what you want with WHO you want, no stalkers or creepers
- Share photos, videos, voice messages, animated GIFs and MEMEs
- Share updates with specific groups or all your contacts
- Create different profiles based on the different groups you’re in
- Comment and respond to posts with over 700 emojis
- Send disappearing GIFs and images to share your favorite moments
- Control who sees your posts with the easiest privacy settings
- Chat one-on-one, with multiple people, or an entire group
- Rest assured that we can’t and won’t track you: your personal data and communication is safe
- Get up to 8GB of free space to store your stuff
Premium feature: Secret Chat Subscription
• Add an additional layer of security to your one-to-one chats with the latest end-to-end encryption
• Choose the plan that works best for you; just .99¢ USD per month or $5.99 USD per year. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• NO long term commitment - you can cancel it at any time up until 24-hours before the end of the current period. The subscription is automatically renewed and charged on a monthly (30 day) or yearly (365 day) basis within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage subscriptions and you can at any time turn off the auto renewal by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
Premium EmojiOne.com sticker packs are available in the MeWe Store. Copyright JoyPixels Inc. 2019.
- We just took chat to a whole new level by allowing you to emoji a message up to 4 times using any of our 2,000+ emojis!
- Bug fixes and improvements.
To always keep your MeWe app up-to-date, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads and turn on Updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Finally chronological order news feed unlike FB who picks what you see first
I signed up for MeWe about a week ago. I have family and friends whom I want to invite but I want to know everything about this site before I add others. I love the way the news feed stays in chronological order. You have a choice to have the latest posts on top or the most recent comments on a post on top. Facebook won’t even show you some of your friends posts so I miss important post on Facebook. The privacy is so welcome! You do have to activate a setting if you don’t want strangers asking to be your friends. I wish this was automatic. I think they were group members from a travel group I joined. But I do not want strangers for friends. I was tempted to leave the group but after I found the setting to restrict non contacts it stopped the stranger invites. I still want to know how to start a private group. I want to set up a family group. We have one on Facebook but people are leaving Facebook like crazy and I want to have a new platform ready where they don’t have to worry about privacy, security and unencrypted passwords. You can see more settings on a browser the you can on the app. The font is definitely too small.
Better Than Facebook At The Core
MeWe is a solid social media site and is at it’s core far better than Facebook.
The core of MeWe is the fact that all the groups, chats, and personal contact activity are kept separate and yet, in their parts, together.
So in a group, or in a personal de facto contact, you have a private chat and private posting board. But none of your personal contacts can figure out what groups you’re in. Additionally, in formal groups, you can have private chats and never need to become formal contacts or see each other's profile.
All these structures allow for people to operate online and not be targeted for their ideological differences. That’s a big plus, given the lynch mob mentality of lots of folks online these days.
However, there is plenty of room for improvement. For example, when we post links, the preview image doesn’t display. Video of any reasonable size can’t yet be uploaded. Live video so far doesn’t exist.
Also, as of now it is unclear what the revenue model is, since the site is advertisement free. My guess is that they will need to produce a premium feature model to continue growing, which is to be expected.
I don’t use Facebook much anymore because they have clearly demonstrated they are not ideologically and politically neutral.
Starting to Vex Me
Have not fixed issues, have offered solutions and they have not been heeded, group chats are the worst so you have to turn them off because otherwise they blow up your feed, I joined groups to be a part of honorable things like exercise and military veterans, and perverts find me to request contacts through these groups. So if it is about privacy, there is no point in having these social groups when there will always be perverts male and supposedly female on them. They claim privacy but if you freely allow people in no one can be trusted anyway because it seems they don't have any way of screening accounts.
Major issues besides perverts: the photos issue I reported multiple times, the Chatrooms, and the auto-notify of you don't choose the "I don't wanna hear anything from strangers in my group" check boxes.
I'm trying really hard to be objective but when I tell developers about the problems and after months they are NOT getting fixed, I get annoyed. More than that. I close my wallet to any donation I wanted to help them with.
- Sgrouples, Inc.
- 108.4 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 Sgrouples Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Secret Chat $0.99
- Voice & Video Calling $1.99
- Secret Chat $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.