Miami International Airport returns with a new and improved app, MIA Airport Official – Your Personal Travel Assistant. Get everything you need and more to reduce stress while traveling.
Whether you are on the way to, from or through the airport, MIA Airport Official offers all you need – from scanning your boarding pass for flight information to airport wide turn-by-turn directions. Download the app and experience your new personal travel assistant.
• The Miami Airport voice chatbot is here - ask it anything and see how it responds. It's an excellent tool to track flights, and find anything around the airport you need to know. Permissions: Please extend microphone permission to this app to use the chatbot.
• Scan your boarding pass or search for flights by destination, airline and flight number.
• Subscribe to flight notifications and receive updates for flight, gate and baggage carousels changes, as well as option to share your flight info.
• Easy to navigate maps that use blue dot beacon technology for an accurate and detailed experience.
• Powerful search engine with robust database.
• Visual directions with walk times to find your gate, restaurants and more.
• Uses location-aware technology to predict your location and anticipate your needs.
• Recognizes and welcomes you via geo-fence technology, whether you’re driving or flying to MIA.
• Customizable personal profile with option to save your favorite shops and restaurants.
• Weather information in Miami or throughout the world.
• Real-time flight information and tracking.
• “Near me” feature that provides the closest dining and shopping options.
Future enhancements include push notifications that provide special offers from MIA’s retailers within the airport; the ability to reserve parking and access to updated security wait times.
Notes & disclaimers:
- Some app features require location services and a Wi-Fi network in order to offer the best app experience.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. MIA doesn’t run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on features that require this.
Minor fixes & UI/UX enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
This airport is very big. No the app helped my family snd I get to our designated area. It is very easy to use and lots of great information.
I tried the all because I wanted to see the restaurants that were close enough to my gate for a layover dinner. The restaurant list is not and cannot be filtered by terminal, so it was completely unhelpful. I don’t care if you have a great sandwich shop clear across the campus, I’m stuck near my gate.
Whoever decided how this app would work, they clearly never stopped to imagine what a person visiting an airport might want or need.
Terrible and frustrating app
Very incomplete. Frustrating to use. Some buttons like explore Concourse E return a Nothing Found. It can’t remember flights. Can’t provide you a path on the map from an arrival gate to a departure gate. The Levels don’t work on the map. They always display Level 2. Pitiful app. Don’t bother downloading it. Using it will make you want to smash your phone.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Miami-Dade County
- 139.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Miami-Dade County Aviation Department