Made for people of all ages — and great for kids! — Minipad is a simple text editor for creating stories, editing notes, trying words and discovering the alphabet. Minipad has a minimal feature set to help writers to focus on writing.
• Entries are sorted with the newest ones first (or sort by title or last changed first)
• Typography is clear and the default font size is purposely large
• A slider in the options bubble allows for 5 different font sizes
• No spell checking and no autocorrection distractions
• Deleting stories needs extra taps to help prevent accidental deletes
• Try voice dictation or emojis on the iOS keyboard to make silly stories!
• New iOS home screen widget lets you quickly access your latest stories
• New app icon (the old one is still available in the about screen)
• Requires iOS 14
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve used this for a couple days now, and I say it’s pretty good. It’s simple, and easy to organize our stories. My only suggestions are that I wish we could use the italics and bold tools. Also that we could change the fonts.
The accessibility I was looking for
I’m partially blind and was getting frustrated trying to find a writing app that focuses on function over looking stylish. This app has a simple high contrast UI with adjustable text size. it’s very straightforward and lets me just get to writing. I appreciate the screen reader compatibility as well. Highly recommend for low vision iPad users looking for a good writing tool.
This app is very accessible! I’m blind and use a screen reader called VoiceOver, which provides specialized gestures to interact, such as a 1 finger dubble tap for activating the selected item, etc. very well organized, and all of the buttons are clearly labeled. Simple and easy to use. I would highly recommend this app to anyone who wants a simple editor. This one get’s the job done! ☺️
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.