Application to mirror the screen and audio of your iPhone or iPad to an Amazon Fire TV. You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Fire TV.
Before using this application, please go to the Amazon website and install the (free) Mirror Receiver for Fire TV: http://bit.ly/am-firetv
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Fire TV. Don't use multiple VLANs or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Fire TV app. It will start looking for your Fire TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the Fire TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Fire TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
- When screen mirroring from Safari, there is no audio. We advice to use the Puffin Web Browser instead of Safari.
- Sometimes audio from other apps is not playing. In this case, start a screen mirroring session, then open the app you want to mirror. If there is no sound, just close the app you are mirroring and re-open it in the same mirroring session.
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bugfixes and Stability Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t know why other people are struggling, I have an iPhone 10 and a fire stick. I wanted to play videos and photos from my phone and it worked with just a little lag. Also worked with google photos. Just pick “broadcast”. It also has a screen recording feature which I haven’t tried.
Works great! But...
Has a few second lag and the audio doesn’t stream to the fb u less you use a new special browser... so one more app. 🙄 just use your headphones, but the sound lags too lol.
But other than that, i think it’s the only option.
Terrible app did not give back money!
I was very unhappy with this app. I am an Apple I-phone user and love the simplicity of Apple. This app I wasted a few hours trying to attach it to my tv and iPhone and when I finally gave up and asked for my money back got no response and they kept my money... very unhappy ☹️ with this app! If there was a negative 👎 star they would get it!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for taking the time to write a review about our Mirror for Amazon Fire TV app. First of all, when you are unsatisfied with your purchase on the App Store, you can always get a refund from Apple. This is how that works: http://bit.ly/mac-refund However, we would rather help you to get the app working for you as well. Please send us your diagnostics information (you can do this from within the app), so we can investigate any problem that you might be experiencing with our app. Our support team is available 24/7 and would be glad to help you get connected.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.