Application to mirror the screen and audio of your iPhone or iPad to an Amazon Fire TV. You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Fire TV.
Before using this application, please go to the Amazon website and install the (free) Mirror Receiver for Fire TV: http://bit.ly/am-firetv
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Fire TV. Don't use multiple VLANs or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Fire TV app. It will start looking for your Fire TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the Fire TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Fire TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
- When screen mirroring from Safari, there is no audio. We advice to use the Dolphin Mobile Browser (free on the App Store) instead of Safari.
- Sometimes audio from other apps is not playing. In this case, start a screen mirroring session, then open the app you want to mirror. If there is no sound, just close the app you are mirroring and re-open it in the same mirroring session.
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to email@example.com
- Bugfixes and Stability Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
No sound on tv with lag
Disappointed in the lag and no sound on my fire Tv
Bringing it up a star due to a response from the developer showing an interest in its app performance. 3 full seconds latency is a problem when you need to use your iPhone for sound but that was solved by using the dolphin mobile browser and now sound comes from the Fire Tv as well. Hope the apple fix comes soon.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for taking the time to write a review about our Mirror for Amazon Fire TV app. Normally, on a Fire TV, you should experience between 1 and 3 seconds latency. If you are seeing more latency than that, please send us your diagnostics information (you can do this from within the app). When we receive this information, we can check if there is something amiss in the communication between your Fire TV and your iPhone/iPad in your local network. With regards to the sound, we assume you are playing a video from Safari browser. This is a known issue from Apple, and we are waiting for a fix from them in iOS 13. In the meantime, please use the (free) Dolphin Mobile Browser.
Not worth it
This app broadcasts blurred, delayed streaming to your phone by recording your screen first. I didn’t like that
It actually works for me
I’m not sure why everyone else says it doesn’t work it works perfectly fine for me on the normal fire Stick
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.