Application to mirror the screen and audio of your iPhone or iPad to a Chromecast 1, 2, 3 or Ultra. You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Chromecast.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 2 and 4). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Chromecast. Don't use multiple VLANs or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Chromecast app. It will start looking for your Chromecast devices on your local network. When a Chromecast is found, please select it.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your Chromecast is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the Chromecast that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Chromecast app and click on Stop Mirroring.
You can purchase the Mirror for Chromecast Pro Version through an in app purchase.
The Pro Version has the following features:
1. Removes the watermark from the player on TV
2. Provides for free lifetime updates of the app
3. Enables sound even when the watermark is displayed on TV
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Feel free to check:
Limitations and known issues:
Some apps block Screen Mirroring. This means that application developers can choose themselves if they want to block Screen Mirroring. For instance, Netflix, Disney and AppleTV+ have decided to block this.
There is a simple test that you can do to see if the app that you want to mirror has blocked Screen Mirroring:
Open that particular app and slide up Control Center on your iPhone/iPad. Then, click on Screen Recording and start recording the screen to your Camera Roll. Watch the app that you want to mirror and at some point stop the screen recording. Then go to your Photos app and watch the video that was recorded. If the recorded video shows the app you want to mirror, it works fine. If the video is empty, then the app you want to mirror does not allow Screen Mirroring.
About Screen Recording and Privacy
Even though there are notifications about Screen Recording, we don't record your screen into files and we don't send any content to a server. We only temporarily store data in memory, before it is streamed to TV. Upon streaming, the content is removed from memory.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to email@example.com
- Added new app translations.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app works well— I’d say buying the pro is worth it. The only issue is how incredibly laggy it is while watching on the TV screen compared to my phone. I’m trying not to complain much, though, because it’s AWESOME that Apple products finally have a way to cast their screens to another device without having to buy an Apple TV. If you guys could somehow make it less laggy/glitchy, it’d be PERFECT.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for taking the time to write a review about our Mirror for Chromecast app. Glad to hear that you like our product! :) Indeed, we are constantly working on improving our product. We also would like to investigate the issues that you might be experiencing with our app. Can you please contact us either via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), Facebook Messenger or through the “send diagnostic information” option in the app. Please mention “whatislife145 - Review”, so we can identify your question. Thanks!
Pro option crashes frequently
As far as I can tell, the switch from “paid” to “free” erased my previous purchase of the app, and suddenly my screen was constantly over-written with ads. I was a bit stuck by the timing so paid for the pro version, which then proceeded to lose connection every 3-5 minutes for the duration of my use - had to go back to the app, restart the screen share, then navigate back into what I was trying to show. Emphatically not worth the price.
Developer Response ,
Hi, all users who bought the previous version of the Mirror for Chromecast app automatically get the Lifetime Pro Version after updating. If you are experiencing any problems, please contact us either via e-mail (email@example.com), Facebook Messenger or through the “send diagnostic information” option in the app. Our support staff is available 24/7 to help you.
Doesn’t work with apple tv app
i downloaded this app to cast movies purchased on the apple tv app using chromecast to my tv. the screen mirroring works right up until i start playing a movie and then the screen never loads. it freezes on the initial black screen but plays the audio which is very delayed. i will be deleting the app. THIS DOESN'T WORK WITH THE APPLE TV APP ON YOUR IPHONE!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your purchase. As mentioned in the App Store description for this app (limitations), DRM protected apps will block the mirroring function for our app. The best way to check if an app has DRM limitation enabled, is to perform a regular 'screen recording' selecting the camera roll as destination (not our app). If the recording turns up with either a white or black screen, DRM protection is enabled and you cannot mirror that particular app. However, you can use our app in many other ways, like sharing photos and videos with your family, friends or colleagues. We hope you can improve our star rating with this information.
Mac Tip: many but not all streaming services work on your Mac if you stream it from your Chrome or Firefox browser, try our free trial app for this on the website (not for iTunes movies or Apple TV).
- AirBeamTV BV
- 140.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, German, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2020 AirBeamTV BV
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $2.49
- Yearly Subscription $11.99
- Mirror for Chromecast Lifetime $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.