Application to mirror the screen and audio of your iPhone or iPad to a Chromecast 1, 2 or Ultra. You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Chromecast.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 2 and 4). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Chromecast. Don't use multiple VLANs or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Chromecast app. It will start looking for your Chromecast devices on your local network. When a Chromecast is found, please select it.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your Chromecast is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the Chromecast that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Chromecast app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Huge improvements in streaming quality: lower latency en better stability
Ratings and Reviews
UPDATE BELOW Audio only plays through the phone...
It casts the phone screen perfectly well but the audio only comes out of the phone, not the TV. I saw another review that had the same problem and I still decided to get the app. Waste of $5.
UPDATE: so apparently, if you want to stream audio from a browser on your phone it can only be Puffin Web Browser. And audio from other apps works fine but you have to make sure the volume for the CHROMECAST is at max and you’re going to have turn your TV volume up as well for sure. Changed from 2 to 3 stars. Will stay at 3 if audio issues didn’t exist.
Works exactly as expected!
Yes it mirrors! Sound and video both. Haven’t explored much but it works as I expected.
2 stars for effort. Getting this to work at all is an achievement. However... 5 bucks is a steep price to pay for an app that has yet to mature... would prefer to see a trial version or something because this app isn’t ready for that price. I’ll obviously be filing for a refund but will certainly be checking back in the future to see if any updates have been made. Here are my issues: EXTREMELY HIGH latency. Like... a solid 3-5 seconds which is just unacceptable. I’m using google mesh WiFi with a very strong connection. So it’s not me. Furthermore, audio seems to be a recurring issue. Trying to cast content from VLC media player and the sound only plays from my iPad. I’ve already tried the troubleshooting and nothing worked. Again, A for effort but the app needs some serious development and price adjustment. 5 bucks for a half-baked app isn’t fair to the consumer. I’d consider myself open-minded and the idea of this app is something I’d want to see succeed. Hopefully we will all see major improvements in the future.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your review. We are constantly researching ways to improve the latency. Please always make sure you have the latest version of our app. For any sound related problems, please update your iPad to iOS 13. If you have any other questions, please contact us either via e-mail (email@example.com), Facebook Messenger or through the “send diagnostic information” option in the app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.