Automatically transcribe your videos and get accurate, elegant video captions. It’s the secret to getting more views, more followers, and higher engagement for content creators and influencers — because chances are, most of your viewers will see your videos on mute.
GROW YOUR FOLLOWING
85% of Facebook users and 40% of Instagram users watch videos on mute. And when they miss what you say, you miss followers. Made for influencers and business founders, MixCaptions helps you create attention-grabbing video captions. It’s a simple way to make a major impact: get more views, increase engagement, and build your audience.
CREATE AUTOMATIC, ACCURATE SUBTITLES
For influencers and business founders, closed captioning is one of the most important steps before posting video content. And with MixCaptions, it’s quick, easy, and automatic: just upload a video, and we’ll transcribe it in only a few minutes. You can always edit and customize your video captions later.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR ALL
More than 8 million people in the US are deaf or hard of hearing. MixCaptions makes your videos accessible to all fans and followers who may be watching on mute.
CAPTION YOUR NEXT VIDEO FOR FREE
Download MixCaptions and we’ll transcribe your first video for free (up to 3 minutes long). Get more views, grow your followers, and take your business to the next level.
• Edit video captions after they’re transcribed
• Import SRT files
• Display captions in 3 positions: at the top, in the middle, or at the bottom of your videos
• Customize fonts, colors, and text backgrounds
• Supports most common video ratios — including vertical and 16:9 — that are ideal for Instagram posts, IGTV, Instagram Stories, Facebook, and Twitter
• Save videos with subtitles to your device
• Automatically transcribes 23 languages*: English, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norweigan, Polish, Portuguese, (Portugal and Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, and Vietnamese
* MixCaptions does not translate your videos. It will transcribe the spoken language into text.
SUBSCRIBE FOR ACCESS TO PRO FEATURES:
• Transcribe longer videos: up to 10 minutes for individual subscribers, or up to 30 minutes for business subscribers
• Remove the MixCaptions watermark
• Export SRT files
• Display captions anywhere on your videos
• Add your own text or image watermark, like a logo or handle
• Get unlimited access to upcoming features
• Influencers and business founders gain access to Pro features with a subscription: remove the MixCaption watermark, add a custom text or image watermark, display captions anywhere on videos, and transcribe videos for up to 10 minutes for individual subscribers, or 30 minutes for business subscribers.
• Subscriptions are billed monthly or yearly at the rate selected depending on the subscription plan.
• Subscription auto-renew at the cost of the selected plan, unless cancelled 24-hours in advance prior to the end of the current period. The subscription fee is charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. You may manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Setting after purchase. Per Apple policy, no cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
Have any comments? Want to request a feature? Please Email Team@mixcord.co
- Translate your captions to Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and/or Spanish (Auto caption only)
- Improvements & bug fixes
Note: If you are experiencing problems please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can get more details from you. Simply leaving a review does not always give us the information needed to resolve the issue.
Ratings and Reviews
Dislike Purchasing Minutes, but Also The Best App I’ve Found
I tried several of the other captioning/subtitling apps from the App Store now and this is the best one I’ve found! I don’t like the whole ordeal with paying for minutes to use for automatic transcriptions, but the app works and is fairly smooth with only some minor changes needed (e.g. can’t have text switch from one line to the next without having a single frame where there’s no text, but if it’s auto generated, there’s no missing frame of text).
I originally mentioned a technical issue (squished videos, which is due to the way your video is encoded) I was having and also emailed the team and they were very responsive! If you’re having the squished video issue like me, I’ve found that the best option is to screen record the clip I want and use that instead, as those always show up normal in the app.
Developer Response ,
Please email us at Team@Mixcord.co so we can take a look at the video ratio issue. Thanks!
Finally what I’ve needed for our podcast
Starting a podcast is exhilarating, and exhausting. And I am loving it. But not only do you have to record and edit the show, but then there are all of the collateral pieces to make for email and social media. With 80% of viewers watching your content on mobile with no sound on, captions are more important than even. MixCaptions takes the tedious and time sucking task out of your hands (while still allowing space to edit when needed) and allows you to focus on connection and creating more great content. The price is reasonable and much less than other transcription services. I wish I would have found this weeks ago
Best captioning app!
I tried pretty much all of the apps in the appstore that were free to download, and this is the best all around! It’s easy to use, the speech recognition catches pretty much everything, omits the “um” and “uh”s and is timed on screen in a way that isn’t overwhelming or too slow, and you can keep your video in portrait orientation if need be! The only negatives i’ve experienced so far are: 1. your video has to be in 10minute increments, but it’s easy to use the trim tool to make sure you start and end the video in exact places. 2. you essentially have to pay to collect points, and depending on how long your video is you may need to buy more. i.e. i had a 10min long video to caption and i needed 600points, which is $1.99. not bad! but i think it would be better for people who plan to regularly use it if it there was an option to pay a monthly fee instead.
overall though this is 100% the best app i’ve tried and i highly recommend it!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mixcord Inc.
- 16.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Mixcord Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Transcribe videos for Pros $9.99
- Unlock MixCaptions Editor $3.99
- 60 minutes $4.99
- Business Monthly Subscription $24.99
- Transcribe videos on Mac $9.99
- 300 minutes $19.99
- 10 minutes $1.99
- Customize Watermark $2.99
- 3 minutes $0.99
- 1440 minutes $89.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.